Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a mk6 gti. the car is awesome. i now have 800 miles on the odo... i was just wondering if any of you guys (with the 6 speed) hears a knocking noise when releasing the clutch on 1st gear (mostly on inclines). it's not loud or anything (it stops when the car starts rolling), i'm just wondering if that's normal. i used to drive my brother's 70's something honda cvcc when i was back in Manila. it had a problem with the cb joint and that reminds me of it. help me vdubbers!

PS

what do you guys think of the k&n intake?

·
Registered
26 Posts
if you give it a bit more gas you should be fine.
i have a 6 speed and when you don't give it enough gas it will buck a bit, but its nothing serious it would happen on all manuals.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
No offense guys, but where does it give you an indication that red_GTI doesn't know how to drive a manual? He said he "hears" a knocking sound, not "feels" a bucking. I think something is being missed. And no, it's not normal. I certainly don't have the experience to suggest what it might be, but I think the initial responses are a bit condescending. Just sayin,,,

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Man I dunno but the gti seems to be a little loud with the ticking type noise, which is the injectors. But if its when hes moving im not sure what the problem is...May want to have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yo Teach ya you were right. I didn't know how to drive a stick. That's why i bought a 6 speed to learn. I'm good now man. No stalling or bucking whatsoever. It's my first very own car, i used to drive a Honda Civic that was my bros and its auto, and what's condescending about not knowing how to drive a stick? I bet you can't insert an intravenous line... It's still there the sound incline or not, when i ease off the clutch you can feel it on the pedal its like a little rough. Thanks for your reply peeps.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Maybe it's the same issue 07 was having with the DP hitting the firewall? At this point it'd be worth taking to a dealer and having them check it out.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Maybe it's the same issue 07 was having with the DP hitting the firewall? At this point it'd be worth taking to a dealer and having them check it out.
Ya im still not convinced its not a driver error. without enough throttle it will sort of clunk like he was saying

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Ya im still not convinced its not a driver error. without enough throttle it will sort of clunk like he was saying
Got a solution. OP just drive up to Orlando and let me have a looksy lol

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Got a solution. OP just drive up to Orlando and let me have a looksy lol
Outstanding idea. I dunno how close hialeah is. Never heard of it. Im also in florida but dont know how close to him

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
^ Correct

Crazy I'm about 3 hours from you

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·