Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my GTI slightly used and while reading the manual I saw that you are suposed to get a "key tag" that is supposed to have the info for making a new copy of you keys.

I guess the original owners didnt give it back to the dealers. Kinda sucks since I know that the one way to copy a key of my car is not in my hands. :(

Can I get a new one, or the only way is to retreive the original from the previous owners?

Also, does the radio have a pause button? ???

I didn't notice one. :p I just have to mute all the time which kinda sucks that after i unmute the song is over or almost done.

·
Registered
300 Posts
stereo problem:

I have the same issue. I'm in the habit of turning it off. Takes that extra second of holding down the power button, but it's effective.

Maybe I can get a vagcom to change the mute button on my steering wheel to be a power button...

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Just so you can be certain that you have all your keys, you should have 2 remote keys and one valet key with the key tag on it. If you don't have that all I'd say go to the dealership you bought the car from and tell them to procure those for you from the former owners. It's not right that someone else has a key to your car or the tag to order a new one.

Buddy of mine bought a Jetta from Carmax and all he got with it was a slightly busted up remote key that he had to do some tweaking to the get to work. I told him all new VWs actually come with two of those: "Really?" --- "Yeah, someone else has a key to your car."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.