Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a 2007 GTI from a private seller, problem is, it only came with one key, which I believe is the valet key. I have read plenty on buying a fob and programming it and what not with two keys. My question is can you program it yourself having only one key? I only want to be able to remote unlock, lock the doors. Any information is helpfull, Thanks!

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Are you asking if you can buy a single fob and program that? If so, yes, that is possible.

If you're asking if you need at least 1 fob to program the other one, not sure, maybe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I just want the single key fob, I do not have one. So I should be able to buy one and program it myself without 2 keys? If so, any suggestions on where to purchase one besides the a dealership if possible?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
I think I've seenposts about that site, I'd search on here, there was someone who bought from them and went through the process and was very happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.