Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a K03/K04 turbo just bolt right in place of the stock one???
I was just thinking about upgrading to one of these and just wondering if i could "swap" it out with the stock one.
I appreciate the help!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You're right...that was mean.

OK, you have to replace the manifold at the same time. Not really a difficult intall though and it is still in the OEM location so most other "made for the GTI" mods will still fit it. (Downpipes, intakes...not sure about DV/BOV'S though.)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I honestly don't know about the 1.8T. Tell the guys you are buying the turbo kit from what FMIC you bolted on and ask them if you need to re-route anything or adapt anything. I wouldn't think you would have to do anything but it is probably worth asking.

if you do it, post up some pics...love to see it. O0

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yeah I did a little research on this, though I don't know much about the 1.8T . On the 2.0T the K04 offered by APR is OEM in fitment, and comes with all the hardware necessary to install it. An ECU reflash is also included with the purchase. If you're willing to drop 4 and a half G's on this thing, it'll skyrocket your fast into the next dimension....you know....the one where you NEED all wheel drive....yeah that one...hahahah.... >:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts