Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmmm....looks exactly like the Neuspeed intake except for the heat shield, and is almost the exact same MSRP ($267 vs $280).

The instructions they give on the website are nice tho.

I think this is brand new from K&N. When I went to check last month on the price of a K&N drop in, I dont recall seing it.

Personally id stick with the P-Flow. People know it, its widely used...and NAMotorsports has it for $220.

I agree with Krypton...18HP seems a little excessive. I mean i like how it dumps outside air into that heat shielded area so ur not picking up engine bay heat, but 18 HP has got to be an exageration. I think it comes from the K&N decal they give you LOL

·
Registered
85 Posts
U.G.MKV said:
Don't believe all the hype! Those gains aren't realistic.
but but..I thought everything on the Internet is true..... :'(

Probably dyno'd under optimum conditions with the intake and crappy conditions without?

who knows? I still might get it as I like the fact that it comes with a K&N cone...does anyone know what Filter comes with the P-Flo

·
Registered
52 Posts
but but..I thought everything on the Internet is true..... Cry
don't let all these naysayers persuade you...the internet is just a series of pipes, well all know that; and therefor this information must be true. No one would ever lie on the internet to just get their product sold...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wonder if it has the same resonance noise that the P-Flow has?

·
Registered
57 Posts
DAS FAST said:
U.G.MKV said:
Don't believe all the hype! Those gains aren't realistic.
but but..I thought everything on the Internet is true..... :'(

Probably dyno'd under optimum conditions with the intake and crappy conditions without?

who knows? I still might get it as I like the fact that it comes with a K&N cone...does anyone know what Filter comes with the P-Flo
So does the vf intake.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can buy it directly from vf. I think any vf dealer can order it but they might mark it up. I bought mine at a local shop.I paid 300.00 and it came with the air box and heat sheild. There is a good deal out on the web for p-flo's there like 200 with the heat sheild but no air box and it's a one piece design.The air box and one piece is why I went with the vf. Good luck hope this helps.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have that K&N intake on my Durango Hemi... and on my hemi i got HP gains, i can feel the difference over the stocker and when you get on the gas its pretty loud.

I did some photos for K&N last year and part of payment was they would give me that intake.

I would probably go with Neuspeed because they have a long history with VW but then again i might try to get this intake from K&N as swag and see how it works, if anything to just give you guys a heads up on an intake nobody seems to have!

K&N has been around a long time and dont think that just because they arent intimate with VW that they dont know airflow...they do, trust me! here is their dyno chart - http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=938

·
Registered
577 Posts
This isnt a question of faith...its a matter of experience, i have the intake on my Hemi and it produces nice gains, plus there is a dyno chart right there in front of you? how many times do people call B.S and they are right because nobody ever produces a chart, then when someone does its not good enough??

What proof do you have that it doesnt work?

just asking?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
TOE_FAST said:
This isnt a question of faith...its a matter of experience, i have the intake on my Hemi and it produces nice gains, plus there is a dyno chart right there in front of you? how many times do people call B.S and they are right because nobody ever produces a chart, then when someone does its not good enough??

just asking?
There is a big variance between a butt dyno and a real dyno. ;)

Srsly- it's nice when someone who is completely independent verifies the actual REAL gains. Best way to do that is a before and after dyno. If you look at the time on the K&N charts, it looks about the time it would actually take to install the intake and dyno it again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
TOE_FAST said:

just asking?
Lets be real here 18 hp if it said 5hp it might be more believable. I have used many K&N filters it made a little difference on my fuel consumption on my 98 firebird but guess what it went slower at the track three tenths slower. And on my old drag car absloutley no difference at all. While it may make some power on some configurations. Without seeing a solid 18+ hp right in front of I'll never believe it. I'm not bad mouthing the filter I have one on my vf intake on my gti. A friend of mine asked me about getting one and I highly reccomended it. A week later he was pissed and threw the filter away"after spending 40 bucks on it"and said his mileage was worse in his tacoma. Hey why don't you buy a tornado there is a infomercial showing a 5hp gain on a dyno on t.v. Must be true right. Two years later he was on sixty minutes getting his ass sued off because he lied there were 200 tests of his product by reputable R&D companies that said his product made no gains. His t.v. shot was made buy a kid in a high school auto shop that didn't calibrate the dyno properly and he used that misleading info to sucker thousands of people. So once again believe what you want hell get two and make36 hp! GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
577 Posts
LOL look at the p-flo and the K&N ...the Neuspeed looks almost identical to the Neuspeed and they claim 10hp...so by your logic, every intake made only makes 5hp.

I dont believe the K&N makes 18HP... all im saying is that they have been in the filter business for a long time, i would trust a reputable company thats doing well and has proven longevity over some kid who asked you for advice then threw a filter away thats intended use is performance and got mad because it sacrificed fuel efficiency for that performance.

Better air flow = increased performance = increased fuel/air mixture = less gas mileage ( unless you drive very conservatively ) im guessing he tromped on it and that was the reason for lost fuel economy.

You dont put in any aftermarket filter ( thats reputable ) and lose economy because its a flawed design...you even acknowledged that you suggested K&N.

Anyway ... their design is a good one and will increase airflow and performance over the rpm range, the same as the p-flo or VF or Carbonio. the stock airbox is restrictive and when you pull all that junk off and put on a big cone with a free flowing mandrel bent tube...you get increased performance, its not rocket science to understand that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I pretty sure you were telling me to look at their dyno sheet which leads me to believe you thought the inkake was making 18 hp. Did I misunderstand? If I did sorry for the mix up.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts