My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in today to get my service done and also got Launch Control installed. Haven't really had the chance to try it out much yet, but if it's not raining i'll have to try tomorrow. Don't plan on really using it, but if I get rid of the car ever, it's a nice to be able to say it has it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You would be better off by saying that you think you have it but you aren't sure because you never tried it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jgo said:
You would be better off by saying that you think you have it but you aren't sure because you never tried it.
I said try it out "much", which means I have tried it, but not to the point where I can really say I've made good use of it. I've used it 3 times on a quick trip around the block, but as I said, will try again if dry tomorrow, I wanted to get back for dinner.

Next time, try to read what is written.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
noone here will put LC on my 06. they say there is a backdoor on installing it on 06's but the people that know how to do it without messing the original programing are pretty secretive and wont tell anyone. what meanies.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
nitroburn said:
jgo said:
I said try it out "much", which means I have tried it, but not to the point where I can really say I've made good use of it. I've used it 3 times on a quick trip around the block, but as I said, will try again if dry tomorrow, I wanted to get back for dinner.

Dinner?............Launch?...........Dinner?............Launch?

Easy question for me...........LAUNCH and eat another time!

·
Registered
110 Posts
22350 said:
nitroburn said:
jgo said:

Dinner?............Launch?...........Dinner?............Launch?

Easy question for me...........LAUNCH and eat another time!
Hey guys and gals (if any)

i am a newcomer to your fast forums BUT I am also a very proud owner of a RS 07 GTI.... and yes i also have LC installed. and let me tell you... i own my friends with their brand new hondas and Acuras off the line... hehehe i am the ENvy of my friends... needless to say LC is a GREAT feature... but i was curious... is that feature SUPPOSED to be in all 07 gtI???? or is this a newly found "add-in" to the car..???

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
It's supposed to be there. If you got the DVD from the dealership about the GTI then you will also recieve a small pamphlet on how the LC works. There is also a Technical Bulletin if you happen to have a 2007, but yours did not have LC (as in my case).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my 07 in 06 before they added launch control. The first 64999 07 GTI's didn't come flashed for launch control.

·
Registered
274 Posts
nitroburn said:
jgo said:

I think you are the one who isn't reading. Go back and read the last sentence of your original post, then read mine and THEN tell me that your comment makes sense. WTF?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jgo said:
I think you are the one who isn't reading. Go back and read the last sentence of your original post, then read mine and THEN tell me that your comment makes sense. WTF?
It clearly says I haven't used it much, which means I have used it, but not to any extent. It is a collective modifier used to indicate amount. In this case, "Haven't really had the chance to try it out much yet", the much indicates a tiny amount of use.

Maybe try reading it just one more time. Saying I haven't used it much is like saying there isn't much gas left in my tank. Does that mean the tank is empty? I don't think so....

-edit-

If you are taking issue with, "Don't plan on really using it", you must not understand by "really using it" I mean using it on the track or using it often. I didn't say I don't plan on ever using it or that I have never used it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nitroburn...you are missing the intent of JGO's statement. If you sell your car it sounds better to the buyer that you haven't launched...that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
22350 said:
Nitroburn...you are missing the intent of JGO's statement. If you sell your car it sounds better to the buyer that you haven't launched...that's pretty much it.
Ahhh, re-reading it I see what he is saying. I'm just used to jgo being an ass with his posts and thought it was one directed at me.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dont know the TSB but i got it from a dealership. it was more of an inside job to be honest. they pretty much re-mapped my ECU to be like the 07 ECU. took about 15 minutes for the flash to download. its deffinitly pretty cool though. keep bugging yer dealers about it. ill try to find out more info for all of you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts