Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a GTI mk3, ideas for some custom body parts please. New to GTI's

Hello everybody,

I bought a GTI 1.8T from auction, it has cosmetic front damage, like a fender, headlights and front bumper.
I need information about what custom parts can i buy and where can i find them. I would like to put another front bumper other than the stock one, or angel headlights if they are made for this model.
I'm fairly new to the GTI world, but not in the car industry. I know my way around cars.

If anybody has any suggestions, ebay has slim pickings regarding body parts.

Also if it is possible not too expensive like the myhotvw.com website

Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: Just bought a GTI mk3, ideas for some custom body parts please. New to GTI's

well u dont have a mk3 vw. u have a mk4 since u said u have a 1.8t. post in there for more answers. also as far as body parts go its totally up to u everyone has there own taste and prefrences

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Re: Just bought a GTI mk3, ideas for some custom body parts please. New to GTI's

Hey Mishu. So give us some more specs. Like Black_Bunny stated, if it's a 1.8t it's probably a Mk4 in which case you have TONS of options. I can lead you in the right directions for body kits, fenders, and headlights... But we need to confirm the year and model first. ^_^

·
Registered
313 Posts

Hey Mishu. So give us some more specs. Like Black_Bunny stated, if it's a 1.8t it's probably a Mk4 in which case you have TONS of options. I can lead you in the right directions for body kits, fenders, and headlights... But we need to confirm the year and model first. ^_^
i pass the microphone over to sun....

·
USMC
1,105 Posts

Congrats on the new car, it sounds to me like it's an mkiv by the 1.8 engine!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yes guys, its a mk4 finally, looks like i made a capital rookie mistake from the start. 2005 model 1.8T. Maybe i should move this thread over in the mk4 section, or maybe the admin can help me with that. I appreciate the correction guys.
And sunzshine can you give me some pointers on those body kits options. Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thread closed! And moved to mk4 forum

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
you can not close your own threads

thread has been moved and merged

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts

Right on!

When it comes to body kits, you want something well molded and made to fit your car. Most people don't want to spend alot, but through the right people you can get quality stuff. I really like the guys here:
http://www.dubtechnik.com/Golf4/Golf4BodyIntro/Page1.html
They make good kits for a reasonable price and have a couple styles you won't find on generic body kit sites. Make a build thread and post some pitures and such!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Thanks sunzhine i really like the last model. This is some interesting stuff they have going on.

What about some headlights? I definitely wanna change them.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts

Thanks sunzhine i really like the last model. This is some interesting stuff they have going on.

What about some headlights? I definitely wanna change them.
Headlights are going to be alot of the same. It's mostly the blacked out housing or chrome housing with Projector fogs and headlights.

They look like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I then recommend upgrading your actual headlights too. www.DDMTuning.com has some honestly wholesale priced HID conversion kits. Easy install and totally worth the illumination increase.

Take a look: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Make sure to get glass lenses as they don't fog overtime or melt do to the HID bulb's heat. Let us know what you go with man.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
the projector headlights look awesome, i'm tempted to go with the mate black finish, but not 100% sure, but i definitely like the model and the price, so almost sure that i'm gonna buy these. One observation, the ebay add must be wrong, they say for models up to 04 but the shape and the bolts are like on my 05 gti.
Regarding HID, i got somebody who can hook me up with a set for a cheap price. But i'm definitely going HID too:)

Until now i got the front bumper and headlights pretty much decided. Next is the grille, and or fog lights. Any ideas on different stiles of grilles?

Thanks so much for the help, its easy to make decisions when you have experts who you can ask.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
the projector headlights look awesome, i'm tempted to go with the mate black finish, but not 100% sure, but i definitely like the model and the price, so almost sure that i'm gonna buy these. One observation, the ebay add must be wrong, they say for models up to 04 but the shape and the bolts are like on my 05 gti.
Regarding HID, i got somebody who can hook me up with a set for a cheap price. But i'm definitely going HID too:)

Until now i got the front bumper and headlights pretty much decided. Next is the grille, and or fog lights. Any ideas on different stiles of grilles?

Thanks so much for the help, its easy to make decisions when you have experts who you can ask.
Lol thanks man. No expert by any means but we def know our stuff.

The DDMTuning kits are pretty high quality for $40 a kit. I would really suggest considering it.
For the Projector headlights... They should come with a fog light integration into it. They'll be the middle bottom projector lense.

You can also get fogs for the bumper: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

And for the Grille you have only a couple options. Here is what is usually offered:
http://store.blackforestindustries.com/exterior4.html
Most variants will follow the same style or pattern. Just find your favorite style then look for the best price.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

the mesh grille looks like it will do the job.

I also decided to paint the inner part of the hood black, i think it will look better with a black meshed grille.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts

the mesh grille looks like it will do the job.

I also decided to paint the inner part of the hood black, i think it will look better with a black meshed grille.
Probably. Whatch your overspray though. Where are these pictures of your car man?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

Probably. Whatch your overspray though. Where are these pictures of your car man?
I have to post them at some point but only current pictures with the car wrecked:). The car is in a friends shop. I'm starting work on it this sunday. Now i'm looking for the necessary parts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Some pics with the car. Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Window
Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle White

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts

Good find.....Looks like you are gonna need a hood too though.

·
Can it really be?
339 Posts
I would go with a carbon fiber Boser hood or just the Boser aluminum one. i just really like to look of those. if you do that hood you wont need a front grill just a piece to cover up the slot from the bottom part of the VW symbol

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.