Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to go up to my old school to pick up a friend, sitting at the light all by my lonesome when a minivan pulls up beside me. As i look over i see HID's in my rear view and wait for the fella to pull up to the light. I nose out in front of the minivan to see what kind of car it was, Honda Prelude (newer style). I give the guy the "hi nod" and the ligh turns green. I slowly accelerte and my turbo begins to spool, (magnified by the fact i was under an underpass after the light) and the guy in the prelude gets on it. I said to hell with this honda and floored it, chirped going into 2nd and i look over and this guy is 5-6 cars back. So much for the great h22. He then pulls on me after i hit my brakes and upshift, in 3rd gear @ 40 i floor it again, start pulling away again. The guy couldn't face me at the light, turned early.

So last night, going to a local track here (street cars race on wed.) I hop on the interstate. Not 20 mins earlier I told the guy riding with me what happened the night before. I merge onto the traffic heavy interstate and see yet again, another car with HID's. I go slow, wait for this guy to catch up. Guess who, Prelude from the night before. This time he had a chick in the passenger seat. I look over, nod, my buddy said he shook is head like he was ashamed. Eventually we go into the tunnel and he gets beside me, I hear him downshift and get on it. I look at my friend, give this guy a second to dwell on him starting to pull on me, then throw it into 2nd gear and say good-bye.

Just another Honda taken a notch down.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Niiice.

I want that to happen to me. I don't like to look for races, but it seems no one wants to race me anymore. All of my friends don't want to cause they've all been in my car. Oh well. I'm going to a drag strip in about a month. I was going to go tomorrow night, but the weather is horrible it's supposed to flood. :(

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually don't get races because when people see the front mount... But it's a whole different story when they don't see it. My car looks stock other than my taillights and the front mount, maybe i'll pull it off and put my lip back on ::)

·
Registered
137 Posts
boostedJTi said:
I usually don't get races because when people see the front mount... But it's a whole different story when they don't see it. My car looks stock other than my taillights and the front mount, maybe i'll pull it off and put my lip back on ::)
Paint it black, you will hide it. Make sure you annodize it though so you dont take away efficiency.(INtercooler)

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
or I can pull it off until I hook it up, lol...

Piping isn't a "direct" fit so I'm being lazy...

·
Registered
137 Posts
boostedJTi said:
or I can pull it off until I hook it up, lol...

Piping isn't a "direct" fit so I'm being lazy...
WAIT..........you have in mounted but not installed? thats kinda dumb......... ;D but i can see if you dont have the time.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it's been a while since i posted but an even better update.

Went out to a local spot a few weeks ago and as I was leaving i pulled up to an s2k at a light... He inched forward so i followed. Light turned green i rev'd to 3500 and let it rip. ( just had goodyear eag;e F1 DS-G3s ?? put on and omg...) I jumped out in front and stayed there. He gave up before he hit 2nd gear... I had at least 1-1 1/2 cars on him by then. An Se-R i previously raced thought he was faster and kept falling behind all the way o 90mph... The s2k is stock but the Se-R is chipped and tuned with an exhaust and intake... I merely have an AEM intake and a short shifter...

P.S. These stickers are for sale, 20$ plus shipping in any color and possibly a bigger size.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Does the sticker come with a haircut? (Nice portrait!) I'm just kidding bro....I dig it...I've seen it a couple of times on some local MKIV's. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could go for a haircut... Yea i would rather have the whole mouth open and have the entire VW logo in there but this works too. This guy where i work says his SS Cobalt is the fastest car on the lot... Maybe i should go tell the other GTi at work and take on this SS and another SS... The guy talken all the smack has an UNsupercharged model and the other SS is...

Was told the Se-R i've spanked twice walked on a supercharged so wouldn't that imply I could as well? Guess I'll just have to find out...

·
Registered
158 Posts
The one that isn't supercharged is lol. You'll dust it. The supercharged SS should beat you. The numbers favor it, especially the weight. Then again, if you have a DSG I think the edge goes back to you. It's close in any case.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jetta front end in the works :) My point about the supercharged is that the same Se-R i continue to beat over and over has beaten a Supercharged from a roll... No clue if the Supercharged mis-shifted of not but hey...

So I was out last night with the car club (not dub exclusive) and I was playin with the "leader" of the club if you will. 06 wrx tr with a cat back drivin through the streets and some guy in a supercharged mustang (old fox body) raced the wrx... they keep playing no real winner. We get to a light closer to where the two of us live (wrx) and the mustang gets beside us (unbenounced to me) I hear th wrx load up and i figured he was launchin for fun, did it before... so he launches and the mustang takes off too... i went from an idle and jumped beside the mustang and stayed a half car behind because i didn't launch...

*Reminder* My car only has an intake and a short shifter...

·
Registered
7 Posts
that a nice story man i beat a bubble with a swap and a four with a vtec and a hatch with a h22 and so many other cars i even beat a passat that has a supercharger and intake with a bad start O0 O0 O0 O0

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update on the cobalts, raced the non-supercharged and put 4 lengths on him up hill on 3/4 throttle... I floored it in 1st from a 30 roll then just backed off from there... Kid with the supercharged was watching me whoop this kid so later on he races my buddy with the wrx...

My buddy had a bad start and was only behind half a bumper from the cobalt and "lost" as it would seem... The kid with the Supercharged started runnin his mouth so i told him i'd race him the following friday... He took off work early and never even came looking for me...

Since then, I've put a cat-back exhaust on and an fmic... Boost also spikes at 15psi now.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Update on the cobalts, raced the non-supercharged and put 4 lengths on him up hill on 3/4 throttle... I floored it in 1st from a 30 roll then just backed off from there
Haha, I'm not surprised, I spanked one of the 2.4 L non-supercharged Cobalts with my old '08 Rabbit going 0-80 at a light. It was my first confirmed kill with my bunny :cool:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
no1 wants to race me anymore. the k04 spools louder than the k03 did (not sure if thats a good thing) bet when i start to accellerate normally (which is just a little aggressive) other drivers can hear it. o well, its almost summer, and ass ****s from jersy should be coming up here soon, trying to be all cocky. tey dont understand that i legitly have the fastest car in town (as a local, theres a guy with a summer house 2 doors down from my place who has a 458... yes a ****ing Ferrari 458, ass clown.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts