Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

JSilva970 Build thread

Tags
1.8t 2003 gti vdub
113K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  Jsilva970 
#1 · (Edited)
So ive decided ive been on here and i dont have my own build thread. soo yeahh, here we go ill update when i get mods in or i buy parts etc. etc. and ill take some pics of the stuff i have done when i get a chance!!

well when i first bought it! heres stock photos!!

2 weeks after i bought it bad ice storm happened :\

See less See more
#8 ·
Currently in the process of building my custom exhaust.
its going to be a 2.5 inch dummy cat (catless) down pipe. and a 2.5 inch straight pipe, no resonators, to a high flow muffler dual tip exhaust fit to factory location.

#10 ·
nice

sucks about the tree but i guess insurance covered it
you would think that.... put it this way i had enough money to buy the GTI and do an imediate GT35R :\
it happened before i even got tags on the car.

#12 ·
well i just bought it, it was November, didn't have room in the drive way so had to park on the lawn, then yeah... freak storm. my town had no power for 10 days... insurance claimed it as an act off god and basically told me to screw off

#13 ·
The insurance company didn't pay for that? Usually if its considered an "act of god" its no fault and should be repaired

#17 ·
Booooooooooooo... 2 door! =P

J/k. I kind of like that color. And who cares if you're "poor?" If those Racelands last you more then a year, you're doing good. O0
haha just saying the tree killed my funds. so i skimped on things. but yeah the racelands are suprisingly lasting :)

#22 ·
Looks cool to me. is that bulbs or LEDs or...?
thanks!

well the footwells are neons (connected to my dimmer switch and dash lights) the map lights are LEDS. im still waiting for some more LEDS for the interior cus thats just the map lights, not the other bar light in the middle or the 2 in the rear.

#24 ·
Personal taste, just way too much interior lighting for me.

As you said, to each his own.

However, I DO <3 the stock MK4/B5 lighting. O0
Its not that bright in real life, camera needs a long exposure time when taking night pics. And I don't have them on all the time as previously slated, only the foot wells are on and there not that bright when driving, the other stuff only goes on when I click the button up top or open the door/unlock it.

#26 ·
Haha. I have my dash lights almost to the point you can't see them. I hate almost any kind of interior light. Again, personal preference. I'm sure it looks a lot better in person as opposed to pictures, though.
yeah, like you said all personal preference, thanks for the input though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.