Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up ya'll,

i was wondering if there is a GTi club in this area, im assuming there has to be. My friend met up in tysons for a E90 (the new BMW 3series) club meeting and drove around. So if there isnt one right now we should get people from the Tri-State area together sometime this summer and meet up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live down in fredericksburg and I work in Woodbridge. I've been lookin all over the place tryin to find someone to roll with. With the kind of job I have I drive all over the place including MD. but yeah, the names Matt

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw one GTI last summer and one today. Thats it, i havent seen another one on the road, rabbits yes...GTI's no

well hopefully more people will reply to this article.

btw my name is john

·
Registered
46 Posts
yeah man, I haven't seen one GTI in fredericksburg. only in Mclean and and falls church. the rich areas of VA. but good to meet you john. TONS of rabbits too.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thats soo weird, im only ever in mclean or falls church and i havent seen one. saw a rabbit though, but its not the same. granted im at school most of the time. But yes..nice to meet you too

·
Registered
46 Posts
I mostly see them on 495. and 66. but the most I seen is on 123 headed towards the CIA buliding. I had to do some work at the former Governor of Oklahoma's house. and there was an older guy who had a red GTI. That thing sounded SICK!! not loud and raspy but super deep and throaty. thats what made me get a GTI. lol

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha....i used to live jus off 123 when i was in HS.

Guess i should look out more for them. i dont travel in mclean that much nemore. I usually spend my free time around georgetown or claredon

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my 2dr UG GTI Thursday, from Lindsay VW in Sterling, VA. I live in Sterling and I work out near Leesburg. My GTI joins 2 others in my parking lot at work! One is 2dr RS, the other is 4dr TR. Other than those 2 I've only seen 1 other.

I too would be interested in meeting other FAST owners in the area - see what kind of mods folks have made and what kinds of things they've been doing with their FAST, how they take care of their FAST, etc. O0

·
Registered
46 Posts
lumns said:
haha....i used to live jus off 123 when i was in HS.

Guess i should look out more for them. i dont travel in mclean that much nemore. I usually spend my free time around georgetown or claredon
Yeah, I travel all over VA. I've seen one or 2 on Fairfax Co. parkway too. but I live down in the sticks. I travel like 72 miles to get to work 5 days a week. oh whats up Zeekster?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn dude....72miles one way? ur definately gonna b puttin the miles on ur baby, least its highway miles

·
Registered
46 Posts
HAHA! nah not one way. thats total for one day. I'm always terrorizing the streets on the weekends though >:D. i've had my GTI for 3 1/2 weeks and I have 1700 miles on it already. so it's steadily goin up! sucks though. my last car was only 8 months old untill I traded it in and it had 12,000 miles on it. But I drove the hell out of it! But I was very unhappy with it. It was a scion tC. had decent low end but on the highway it sucked. The GTI has amazing low end and pretty good top end. overall I love the car. so much faster than the tC. There was a rx-8 in front of me on the ramp to get onto 95 today. I had it in 4th and he guns it! all I see is this big black cloud come from the exhaust. well my heavy foot got the best of me so I stomped on the gas too. well, 3 seconds later I was on his ass. I love the pick up on this car! damn it gets my adrinaline goin! I'm just wonderin why that big ass black cloud came out the back to that rx-8. it looked brand new too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i live in MD look for me Fehrenheight #694 ;) usually around tysons and gaithersburg area and rockville all around MD hit me up on AIM douuuuugyun

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i dont know bout the rx-8....i had the handling is amazin but the whole 1.3 rotary engine jus doesnt feel manly enough for me. Im gettin my GTi on wednesday, im tryin to get over this girl, so i hoping that the GTI consumes all my time and thoughts for the next week or month.

i see myself puttin lots of miles on my GTI too, i travel between tech and nova alot. and my friends are placed all over the beltway from centreville to silver spring and this summer i work at andrews afb.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey I am in the Rockville/Potomac area with a Candy white GTI 4 door
I talked to Gti07Md into starting something in the area too, we are not that far from each other...it would be fun to get together.
I know in Rockville for example on saturday nights at about midnight lots of ricers hang out in the big parking lot infront of Sportsauthority on Rockville Pike...we could def head over there and show them something other than their little hondas and WRXs ;D
A cross-country drive would be cool too
let me know what you think
-Flo

·
Registered
747 Posts
By the way does anyone in the MD area have a Vag-com, I'm sure someone said something in the Vag-com post but I thought I would ask people in the MD area only
Thanks
-Flo

·
Registered
125 Posts
I live in eastern VA (Middlesex County) and commute about 70 miles to work in Richmond every weekday, all highway. That will be changing soon since I will be moving in the middle of June. I bought my car in early January ('07) with 200 miles on it. It now has 18,000 miles and it's still going strong without one problem whatsoever (knock knock). I have only seen 3 other GTI's on the road, and one of them was a Farenheit. I travel Rt. 64 and Rt. 295.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea...rockville isnt too far away, i used to go to HS in potomac. Ive also been looking for someone w/ vagcom in the area. Country drives would b great to do. Im happy that a nova/dc/md club is slowly starting to form. im in the air force reserves and im on active duty orders all summer. one of my jobs is making decals for KC135's and i definately could make small GTI club car decals to go on our windshield

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.