Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone experimented with this yet?? i have Navi and obviously wanna keep the stock look, i plan on installing a sub and amp set, I'm satisfied with the stock Hi's & mids as is, its just the lo's that are killing me..i figure the cleansweep would make the hi's & mid's cleaner than they already are when add the sub..any thoughts?? ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure what kinda music you listen and this "cleansweep" you reference, but if you drop a nice quality 12" sub in a ported or sealed enclosure, powered by an amp with more RMS power then the SUB's RMS power, it will sound GREAT. I have one JL 12" 125w RMS sub and an matching JL amp pumping only 150w @4 ohms RMS and it rocks. It doesn't shake windows as I am driving down the street but it sounds fine. The stock speaker break at higher volumes but just adjust the Treble and Mid controls and you'll be fine. FYI the stock speakers have to be CUT out of the doors, some guy on here did an install on his car and posted detailed notes on his install. If you go somewhere to upgrade your mids and highs expect to pay ALOT. Just remember make sure you look at the RMS rating of eveything you buy not the MAX, and you'll be fine. ITs a HATCHBACK for christ's sake, they love BASS.
Hope this helped,
good luck and happy driving
BTW before my Gti I had a 96 Geo prism with 4 12" memphis audio Reference series subs (300w RMS) in individual .8cuft sealed boxes, powered by a Soundstream 1200w amp, the four subs put it on a 1 ohm load powering the amp to just under 1600w. A set of MB Quart 6 1/4 and 1in component speakers in the front and 4 6 1/2 and 1in tweeter sets on the rear deck all powered by 2 4 channel MTX 500w amps (got a great deal on them). A passive crossover controlling the Frequencies going to each set of speakers. I had to redo the power system in my car, upgraded from the stock 60amp alternator to a 130 amp alternator and added a second Interstate battery to power it. A 2 farad Capacitor to the sub amp for some extra power. So I think I may know what Bass is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts