Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quite a long story to start, but here it goes. I have always taken my car to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changes. My last oil change they come to me at the end of the service and tell me, "Your oil drain plug is stripped" meaning they stripped it. They put a bigger drain plug in and said everything will be fine.

Two day later I notice every time I park and leave the spot there is a fresh oil stain on the ground so I take my car back to Jiffy Lube and let them know. I spend 2 hours in the waiting room while they try and re-thread my oil pan and they send me on my way again, everything will be fine.

Again a few days later I still notice oil spots, and now it was my turn to get things done. I call Jiffy Lube back and let them know I will be taking my car to the dealership so they can get me a new oil pan. All in all this was really around a 1 1/2 - 2 week process from day 1 to the final day.

I must say from the start Jiffy Lube never tried to deny they screwed up, they were very helpful in trying to get this completed in a timely mannor, and from the dealer since my car had to stay over night I got a sick Audi A3 brand new that was a blast to drive.

Realistically I am out about 4 hours of my time total, from all the fixing and driving around from place to place, but Jiffy Lube did pay the $458 for the new oil pan plus install. In the end, I have a new oil pan and have had 4 oil changes in 2 weeks from all this hassle. I have always gone to Jiffy Lube, but now I dont think I could take my car back. I had to vent and let everyone know my issue, thanks for reading

David

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been too scared to go to Jiffy Lube. I went there once for my first oil change. I ended up talking myself out of it while sitting in the waiting room while my car was in line. I ended up faking a text and saying I was called away and I would have to come back another time. I decided to just pay the stealership until it gets warm enough to do myself. I was mostly scared because I asked the guy when I got there if the synthetic oil they used was the VW 502.00 spec oil. He responded we have full synthetic. I asked if it meets the spec and he said "Oh yeah its the same thing." I am happy to hear that they ended up taking care of their mistake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah, you know something is up when they cannot put in a drain plug correctly and this is what they do, oil changes. Then blame it on the fact that I have an aluminum pan. Now I know better, my stealership is actually pretty cool, and I dont think I mind going there for now on. Gives me an excuse to hang around and check out the new vw's and audi's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.