My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im bout to clean up my brakes cuz there squeaky,and i need to no where to put the jack(Hydraulic jack) and jack stands. Have a feelin its not a good idea for jackstands on the pinch welds,but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Look in your manual. It will show you a picture of where you need to put the jack. You should put the jackstands in the same place. It's kinda hard to say exactly where to put them without showing you a picture, other than saying it's behind the front wheels and in front of the back wheels. :eek:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You will see a triangle relief on the plastic under the side skirts. There are points behind the front tire and another in front of the rear on both sides of the car for a total of (4) lifting points. They are where you position the jack, well align it at least. Make sure you lift the car with the contact point being the double folded steel chasis seam....not the plastic skirt.

Cheers. O0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know those are the pinch welds, but is it ok to put the jack stand and also jack it with a hydraulic jack from those welds or does it have to be the jack that comes with the car.
Thanx for the help
Ali ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.