Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I finally removed the diode and got the car tuned. I had one of the guys from DoTuning plug in and build one out. Car has been running pretty damn good. O0 However, tonight out on the highway there was these guys in a new Dodge Dart pushing me to go for it. So I take the bait and hammer down. I hit full boost and pulled very very hard on them. Between pulling on them and passing like they were driving in reverse I 'm not sure if I may be having an issue with my tune or a part on the car. So once again I'm in need of the experts.

When I hammer down, the higher the RPM, the lower the boost. Boost is peaking at about [email protected] and then after i go past roughly 3800 is starts declining. By the time I am at 6200 RPM i am at about 6psi. It is supposed to peak @ 24 and level out at 20.

When it does hold the boost at high RPM, the boost starts acting like it plays ball for the NBA, it just starts bouncing from 19 > 24 > 19 > 24 and will keep doing it until i let off of the throttle.

So far this is what I have so everyone is aware of what is done to the car:

3" turbo back
Short RAM CAI
K&N Filter
XTD Ceramic 6 puck cluth
XTD 9lb flywheel
DoTuning 24psi tune

Until tonight, this setup has seemed to work very well. I still get 300 miles out of a tank during city driving and enough power to have fun. Spanking that Twin Turbo Dart was awesome, but I think it could have been better.

Thank you guys for everything!!! Please help

·
Registered
413 Posts
Unfortunately most of my experience is with bigger turbos so I'm not sure what the signs are of running a turbo beyond its efficiency. Do you have any fluttering sounds? My guess would be maybe a bad DV valve or a boost leak somewhere. OR perhaps the ecu limiting boost at high RPM so you don't break anything. I'm not familiar with the tune you have I would recommend reaching out to the tuners and doing a Boost Leak down Test to see if you find any leaks.

hope this is somewhat helpful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately most of my experience is with bigger turbos so I'm not sure what the signs are of running a turbo beyond its efficiency. Do you have any fluttering sounds? My guess would be maybe a bad DV valve or a boost leak somewhere. OR perhaps the ecu limiting boost at high RPM so you don't break anything. I'm not familiar with the tune you have I would recommend reaching out to the tuners and doing a Boost Leak down Test to see if you find any leaks.

hope this is somewhat helpful!
That sounds like a good plan. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts