My Fast GTi banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snowed last week, and the ride got a little dirty. Not filthy mind you, but it was driving me nuts. I got to work 2 hours early this morning so i could wash it. It wasn't even a full seven days since the last time it was bathed. Is it reeeaaallly wrong that I get up early to caress my car? I'm starting to feel as if I need to hide my obsession from others so that they don't think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How long have you had the car if you've already washed it that much? I thought they just got imported a little while ago. I've seen a couple at the local dealership but they got their first one last week I think

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked it up on Feb 1. I hadn't even looked at VW closely for a few years. When my European Car magazine came with a small write up on the GTI, I did a little investigation. I wasn't even in the market for a new car, but the price was right, and the car was beyond my expectations so I went for it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is officialy filthy now. My little jaunt to Santa Fe had me traveling through sub zero temps and snow showers. It is dirty enough that I think it may actually be a sin. I'll try to get pics before I wash it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
my fast hasnt been washed since i bought it a month ago...bugs are collecting on the front bumper...it is really disturbing. i think i will wash it next weekend because it upsets me

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i have to park my car outside in florida... it gets so gross. the sprinkler water always hits one side of it so there are dirty dots all over the car. if you guys didnt read one of my other posts in another topic someone has hit my car already (happened 3 days after my parents let me get it back, got it taken away first night i got it for sneaking out hah[one month :(])so yeah whenever i see the messed up fender and bumber i decide not to clean it. the car is getting fixed in the next 2 weeks (was suppose to bring it in tomorow but they didnt call me back yet) so i am hoping they will clean it up all nice for me and then after that ill keep it clean again :)... if this is a sin father please forgive me and bless my soul.

PS: got the car feb 25thish, got it taken away until march25ish, got hit 3 days later... now its june 12th and still not fixed :(
South florida is all booked up with cars to fix because of all the hurricanes last year :( how lame is that. 4 out of every 5 cars that need to be fixed are from the hurricane the lady at the auto body repair shop said.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Nova Scotia. Our winter stinks. I wash my fast 2ce /week.

Not to mention, she's wearing a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-2 Ice/snow tires.

Springtime will be here soon and my fast and I will do the dance of joy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man, I keep mine nice, and I wash it once a week. When a bird craps on it or something like that, I drive to the nearest gas station to use their window scrubber thing (the soft side), then the little paper towels that are there too. If I do that, and the area I cleaned looks even slightly whiter than the rest of the car, it's time for a wash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With weather being as bad as it is in Chicago. I wash mine every chance i get.

Seeing winter salt on my Black Magic GTI makes me panic.
I couldn't live with myself if i let my baby get car cancer (rust). I can't even say the R-word. :-X

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was told it's not good to wash you car too much, is that true? Do you guys use a milder type of car soap if you wash your car a lot?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fastgirl,
Living in VA and the weather we have had I don't know why you would even bother washing the car at all right now. While I am at work I use the pressure washer to rise the salt and stuff off the car. But that is it until its nice out...

·
Registered
69 Posts
kondziela79 said:
Fastgirl,
Living in VA and the weather we have had I don't know why you would even bother washing the car at all right now. While I am at work I use the pressure washer to rise the salt and stuff off the car. But that is it until its nice out...
I haven't washed it at all yet. I bought it in Jan and still waiting for the weather to get nice so I can get it washed and get some pictures. I think it's supposed to warm up starting this weekend, hopefully this is the last snow we get.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I posted my Fast's dirty side on another thread. It was filthy grimy gross. I just took it for its 5k tune up today and the dealer tried to give it back to me without washing it! I was shocked. I've never had a dealership tell me they will wash my car, and that it is standard with all services, but try to pass my car back to me that obviously dirty? Geeze. The guy who was working with me gave me this look like 'oh man, she noticed. Dang'.

·
Registered
193 Posts
nimzie said:
I live in Nova Scotia. Our winter stinks. I wash my fast 2ce /week.

Not to mention, she's wearing a set of Dunlop Graspic DS-2 Ice/snow tires.

Springtime will be here soon and my fast and I will do the dance of joy.
almost as harsh as here in southern cali....... 50f brrrrrrrr >:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts