Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a HKS SSQV 3 bov and i wanna put it in my 09 gti tsi motor and i hear mixed feelings sayin i can but it will run rich and then i hear its really bad and stay with an upgraded dv if i put it in will it do damage to my car or just lose like 10hp cause the sound is with the loss of some hp...so just let me know what you think cause right now my car is stage 2 apr

·
Registered
629 Posts
Lots of controversy on this subject. I think that most people would generally stick with the upgraded DV and get an intake if you want to hear the blow off.

You won't do damage to your car, though the car may fall on it's face between shifts. The DV will release that air the same as a BOV, it just recirculates it back into the intake stream and the MAF sensor is dialed in to expect that burst of air. If you dump that air into the atmosphere, then the MAF sensor isn't seeing that air that it's expecting and it compensates for it.

Maybe this is miss information, if it is then someone feel free to correct me.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Lots of controversy on this subject. I think that most people would generally stick with the upgraded DV and get an intake if you want to hear the blow off.

You won't do damage to your car, though the car may fall on it's face between shifts. The DV will release that air the same as a BOV, it just recirculates it back into the intake stream and the MAF sensor is dialed in to expect that burst of air. If you dump that air into the atmosphere, then the MAF sensor isn't seeing that air that it's expecting and it compensates for it.

Maybe this is miss information, if it is then someone feel free to correct me.
No, from what I understand Jus10 you're right. The ecu is dialed in to account for the DV air (I believe the MAF if before the DV recirc part), so a BOV will alter how the car shifts, you're air/fuel ratio is messed for a few seconds.

So, at the end of the day, which is better, I believe the DV is better than a BOV for the TSI, but of course, if you're main objective is to make noise, the BOV is the ticket, although the D version DV with an intake isn't a whole lot different when it comes to sound.

my .02, leave the DV (TSI should have D revision), get an intake

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
mk5 & bov's = bad times , even using the good ol hks ..... i know mine ran like shyt with it .... but mk4's are gold with bovs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.