Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is any one having any trouble with their ipod adapter (the one in the center console not the aux)? It will be playing then it almost resets or skips and then starts at the begining of the playlist again. Or sometimes it will just change playlists all together. Its so weird!!!!! :eek: I love the ipod adapter but this is starting to bug me. Would something like this be covered under warranty??? I only have 4500 miles on my fast.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Kiss My Fast said:
Hey is any one having any trouble with their ipod adapter (the one in the center console not the aux)? It will be playing then it almost resets or skips and then starts at the begining of the playlist again. Or sometimes it will just change playlists all together. Its so weird!!!!! :eek: I love the ipod adapter but this is starting to bug me. Would something like this be covered under warranty??? I only have 4500 miles on my fast.
To be clear, you purchased the VW iPod Adapater and have it in your centre console - correct? Or are you simply plugging your iPod into an aux jack in your central armrest?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Kiss My Fast said:
Sounds like it's a power issue to the iPod or bad connector- How long does the battery last on the iPod when it is undocked?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes uncle dude, my VW came with the ipod adapter in the center console. When the ipod is unplugged the battery will last about 2 or 3 hours. It still works fine. I think it might just be a loose wire or something?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dude, your not the only one having this issue. I, too, am experiencing "skipping" of tracks. My guess is that it has nothing to do with the car - it might be the HD of the iPod itself skipping when you hit a bump or something.

I'm gonna try the suggestion of trying another iPod as well. Let's revisit this in a week or two, eh?!

I look fast on the outside because fast is how I feel on the inside. ^-^

·
Registered
42 Posts
I, too, am experiencing this issue of skipping. What's weird though is that I'll select, say, track 98... the song completes, but it moves to track 57. WTF? Now, you skip one back to 56, and the the audio from track 98 plays.

I don't believe this is from bumps. iPods are sturdy little sons from an unknown father. Also, I just traded my 08 Scion XB for my GTI - My scion had an ipod adapter, and I NEVER experienced such an issue. And I drove the **** outta that thing.

My gripe now- Wouldn't it be easy to suggest that the average ipod user has a decent sized music collection? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the track max on the playlists is 99. This freaking blows! 5 playlists max, 99 songs max. I've got 50 playlists and most of my good ones have around 400 songs in them.

I guess the consolation is the music of the engine :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
I, too, am experiencing this issue of skipping. What's weird though is that I'll select, say, track 98... the song completes, but it moves to track 57. WTF? Now, you skip one back to 56, and the the audio from track 98 plays.

I don't believe this is from bumps. iPods are sturdy little sons from an unknown father. Also, I just traded my 08 Scion XB for my GTI - My scion had an ipod adapter, and I NEVER experienced such an issue. And I drove the **** outta that thing.

My gripe now- Wouldn't it be easy to suggest that the average ipod user has a decent sized music collection? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the track max on the playlists is 99. This freaking blows! 5 playlists max, 99 songs max. I've got 50 playlists and most of my good ones have around 400 songs in them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
console iPod interface includes adaptors for various iPod models

how does the ipod plug into the center if i have a nano?
The OEM center console iPod adaptor comes with a set of adaptors for varoius model iPods. Here is a picture of the adaptors which are also available as part of a kit from TM Tuning (click on pic for detail)

·
Registered
23 Posts

Just because the iPod does not skip it does not mean that when you hit a bump the connection to the iPod from the car gets distorted. 99 is not the max when I have my iPhone plugged in after 99 it goes to 1 with a completely different song from what it started with(I play music in the shuffle mode). Only thing with my iPhone is that it does not have a holder that fits it.... But I do get the occasional skip I just make sure the phone is pushed down firmly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So this question, is not really a PROBLEM, but what have you guys found to be the best way to utilize your Ipod adapter. I wasn't going to get it originally but the only moldel they found had it already so I didn't turn it down becuase I wasnt paying extra for it.

So what do you do so you dont have to mess with it constantly or pull it out of the center console, change albums, and then stick it back in.

Anyone?

·
Registered
473 Posts
It kind of sucks because when I set it to shuffle it just plays it in Alphabetical order.....
Remety, i had the same problem with the alphabetical order reset. What I found is that you have to set the iPod exactly how you want it and have it playing then drop it in. If it persists with the reset try having the stereo CD selector ready to play before you drop it in. It should work cuz mine works fine. After several frustrating attempts having it on play and dropping it in seems to work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having a different problem and I couldn't find a better post to write it on. My ipod adapter completely stopped working =(. I had my ipod connected to the center console stock adapter when I started my car one day and the display read no external found and switched to cd. But when I tried to switch back to the ipod it wouldn't let me. :eek: I pressed the cd button 1023912312 times and nothing. I have no idea how to solve this issue so i'm just sticking to mp3 cd's these days.. =/

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's definitely not the best adaptor to listen to your iPod. I had an Alpine stereo with an iPod adaptor in my last car. It was nice because you could scroll through the contents of you iPod right on the stereo display, but it took forever if you wanted to get to an artist that, say, started with "M." I thought that was bad until I started using this adaptor and you literally have to set it up exactly how you want it prior to connecting it. Hopefully VW will modify this in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.