Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Will be a while before we get them in Canada...

But I don't know if I can justify that price with it not having/supporting GPS. I want it more for the wifi and web side of it anyways. Damn apple for not allowing 3 Party applications also. The device would be killer if it was as open as the symbian platform on nokia phones.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
$600 for the hardware, $1200 for a years basic service? For now I'll stick with my Q and seperate Ipod. I'd rather put the money into suspension anyway. Don't get me wrong...it's a very cool phone, I don't know why it took so long to figure out how to listen to voice mails in the order you want to. The map functions are killer too.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
I would drop and break it within two weeks. :p

Let me know when the iPhone shuffle comes out!

·
Registered
747 Posts
22350 said:
$600 for the hardware, $1200 for a years basic service? For now I'll stick with my Q and seperate Ipod. I'd rather put the money into suspension anyway. Don't get me wrong...it's a very cool phone, I don't know why it took so long to figure out how to listen to voice mails in the order you want to. The map functions are killer too.
$1200 for service?? I didn't take the time to add up the numbers, but that seems like a lot, the iphone plans are not that bad actually
http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html
for $59.99 + tax, you get 450 min, unlimited data, 200 txt, and 5000 night and weekends, plus roll over, that is a tight squeeze as farr as minutes go, but its not bad

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have Verizon and my contract doesn't expire until January. I will get one then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My son and I went to the local Apple Store for the iPhone launch. It was a real mob scene -- over a hundred people lined up outside the store right before 6:00 pm. When the doors opened, it was like Christmas morning! Lots of smiles and applause.

As far as I can tell, everyone in line got their iPhone. I didn't buy one, but I got to play with a demo and was very impressed. The screen is huge and simply beautiful. The device itself is light with smooth, rounded edges - it just feels good to hold. Functions like phoning, email, Web browsing, listening to music and watching videos are seamlessly integrated. The device is smart, and will shift to landscape when you rotate the phone - perfect for watching widescreen videos.

Apple has scored a huge hit, and I think other cell phone manufacturers are going to be in catch-up mode for quite some time.

However, there is one major flaw. The AT&T Edge network is abysmally slow for Web browsing. I mean, unusably slow (think 9600 baud modem speed). For me, this was the deal breaker. I'll wait until the next-gen in a few months, by then hopefully there will be a faster network in place.

·
Registered
635 Posts
anyone who buys anything first gen is a fool in my opinion...ill get that phone after they leave that carrier and get a better one...to me its like any other ipod...a big scratch magnet...people have already had problems activating the thing

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yawn :sleep: I refuse to buy any of that new technology until they come out with iTeleporter, iColdFusion, or maybe iGTI. You know the iPhone will be old hat in 90 days. I hardly even use my current phone; best way to get hold of me is to leave a Post-It on my desk.

·
Registered
747 Posts
kylmos said:
anyone who buys anything first gen is a fool in my opinion...ill get that phone after they leave that carrier and get a better one...to me its like any other ipod...a big scratch magnet...people have already had problems activating the thing
I am waiting for the second gen...the compact flash memory is improving so fast that by the time I need a new phone (service) in 2 years, there will be an iphone with 20 GB of memory with a longer battery with an OLED screen... O0

·
Registered
245 Posts
kylmos said:
to me its like any other ipod...a big scratch magnet.
At least they made the screen from GLASS this time. Muuuuuuch less scratching.

Still, after reading the new reviews today, I'll wait for a better phone. This thing is locked down.

·
Registered
635 Posts
also its going to suck having to send it in when the battery goes dead...lol thats why im not getting one if Apple got rid of that that would be awesome I mean come on they soldered the battery into the phone thats a bitch move right there

·
Registered
747 Posts
Haha they actually have a solution for that...when/if you have a problem with your iphone, and they have to send it in to get it fixed, they give you a loaner iphone...
its perfect because since your music, and contacts are on your computer, all you have to do is plug it in, and the phone is just like the one you own...

·
Registered
747 Posts
yea that actually really sucks...but they will probably send out an update that installs through itunes once they realize that everyone one wants that function

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually purchased one on opening day! I love it. (have been an apple fan for 15 yrs) The camera is incredible. No problems w/ coverage so far.Screen is amazing. Know if I can just get it to hook into my -07 GTI.

:D

·
Registered
952 Posts
dwntwnOgti said:
I actually purchased one on opening day! I love it. (have been an apple fan for 15 yrs) The camera is incredible. No problems w/ coverage so far.Screen is amazing. Know if I can just get it to hook into my -07 GTI.

:D
post some pics.. or even video if you can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts