Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
4421 - 4440 of 4491 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Right, just put a deposit down on a 2014 MK7 GTI. Black 3 door manual, standard spec.
Any recommendations on first things to do? Just trying to think of things I might have missed, so far in planning simple things:
Floor mats
Boot liner
Wind deflectors
Black badges for front and rear (going to wrap the back panel red)
Intake & cone filter
Possibly lower it on springs (need some time to see how I feel about this one)

Anyone else recommend any really good starting points to make the car just feel nicer? Bear in mind I do a lot of motorway miles, so a trick exhaust isn't on the cards.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

· Registered
17 Posts
Right, just put a deposit down on a 2014 MK7 GTI. Black 3 door manual, standard spec.
Any recommendations on first things to do? Just trying to think of things I might have missed, so far in planning simple things:
Floor mats
Boot liner
Wind deflectors
Black badges for front and rear (going to wrap the back panel red)
Intake & cone filter
Possibly lower it on springs (need some time to see how I feel about this one)

Anyone else recommend any really good starting points to make the car just feel nicer? Bear in mind I do a lot of motorway miles, so a trick exhaust isn't on the cards.

Thanks!

If it were me...

Dp/ intake/ clutch/ tune / st coilovers /better tires

All of that a long it's up on maintanance

But i like gofast goodies so that's just me. Also make sure it's up on all maintenance before you do anything else

I have a cts turbo back 3" fully resonated and my car sounds stock at highway cruising. No drone. I'm not sure what your budget is like though or parts availability
Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

· Registered
10 Posts
If it were me...

Dp/ intake/ clutch/ tune / st coilovers /better tires

All of that a long it's up on maintanance

But i like gofast goodies so that's just me. Also make sure it's up on all maintenance before you do anything else

I have a cts turbo back 3" fully resonated and my car sounds stock at highway cruising. No drone. I'm not sure what your budget is like though or parts availability
Cool thanks, probably looking no further than intake, possibly dp and tune for the foreseeable future in terms of performance. This thing is already going to be a decent step up from my current car. You're right though, need to make sure the car is sound before messing with it.

· Registered
17 Posts
Cool thanks, probably looking no further than intake, possibly dp and tune for the foreseeable future in terms of performance. This thing is already going to be a decent step up from my current car. You're right though, need to make sure the car is sound before messing with it.

For power intake and dp tune are where you'll make the power. Catback only effects sound.

· Registered
1 Posts
Greetings, I'm new to the group and currently own a gray 2011 GTI. Its 4 door and a manual trans. It is stock and I dont plan on keeping it that way for long. I'm looking forward to being a part of the group and possibly learning a thing or 2.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
9 Posts
Hey fellas, joined the forum a couple days ago, been into GTI for about 2 years now. Prior to my '08 MKV I had a '04 MKIV that was my baby; t-boned and totaled Oct 18th '17 (That ****s forever ingrained in my brain.). Couldn't see myself driving anything else so I found my MKV. After a few grand in repairs and aftermarket BS she's getting closer to what I want, still can't come close to my old one (Yet).

· Registered
9 Posts
Allo allo!

· Registered
4 Posts
New to the site.
Got a new 2018 GTI performance package in April.
I absolutely love the car I am very impressed with the performance.
Looking forward to picking up some tips from everyone.

I plan on a stage 1 tune and probably MagnaFlow Cat-Back. I live in California so can't do very much more.
Unfortunately the car is already in the shop I will keep everyone informed on what the problem is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys!

I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello! I am also looking to sell my 2011 2 door hatchback GTI. I love this car and need to go away to graduate school abroad, hate to do it but I need the money [suicide]. I figured someone on this site could help me and point me in the right direction. I am located in Memphis, TN.. thanks in advance for all your help!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i’m new here! My name is Logan, you can always check me out on instagram, @Gwapppo!
I have a 2012 VW GTI
Stage II APR
Stage I Clutch
Unitronic Cold Air Intake System
Beluga 3’ Catless Down Pipe
Beluga 3’-2.5’ Mid Pipe
ECS Tuning Adjustable Sway Bar End Links
ECS Tuning Dog Bone Insert
H&R Sport Lowering Springs
R8 Coil Packs
Side Mount Relocation (License Plate)

@GWAPPPO

· Registered
2 Posts
What's up everyone... I am proud owner of a MKV gti the parts include

APR STAGE III KIT
GARRETT TURBO (GTX MODEL)
APR HPFP
APR CARBONIO INTAKE
APR FULL TURBO BACK EXHAUST
APR FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
VF ENGINEERING MOUNTS
SOUTH BEND CLUTCH
PELICAN LSD
APR diverter valve spacer

car has other mods that I am currently blanking on. Car needs reflashed and a little work I got my license suspended so it has been sitting. I need to fix the boost and am unaware how to raise it manually

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Glad to be here.

Recently acquired a 2007 Mk5 gti (BWA motor). Midnight black with factory xenon and sunroof and the 18" stock wheels.

Love driving this car. So far have only had to do cosmetic things mainly, as the previous owner seemed to keep her in mostly good shape.

I had the 195k service done recently and insisted that the cambelt/tensioner/water pump be done as there was no record of this since 90k service. Just as well as the mech showed we a water stain on the pump....

Other than that I opted to have the disks and pads done as the disks had a deep lip already.

Otherwise she goes well and I love spending time either driving or detailing her.

Of all the gti designs I still love the mk5 one the most.

The attached photo was taken on a 200km recent drive which I enjoyed thoroughly. With 3 adults in the car and 1x 14 year old, she just lapped up the mountain passes we drove.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

· Registered
2 Posts
Going to start posting on Instagram again with car build @therealdaltonray
What's up everyone... I am proud owner of a MKV gti the parts include

APR STAGE III KIT
GARRETT TURBO (GTX MODEL)
APR HPFP
APR CARBONIO INTAKE
APR FULL TURBO BACK EXHAUST
APR FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
VF ENGINEERING MOUNTS
SOUTH BEND CLUTCH
PELICAN LSD
APR diverter valve spacer

car has other mods that I am currently blanking on. Car needs reflashed and a little work I got my license suspended so it has been sitting. I need to fix the boost and am unaware how to raise it manually

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys-My name is Cash, I've been sponging up this forum for a good while and thought I would finally join. My GTI is an 07 leased new in 07 and purchased when I couldn't give back my long awaited dream car after a few years. I really hope to be a millionth as much an asset to the community as it has been to me over the years. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

4421 - 4440 of 4491 Posts