Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 4489 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

My GTI would say howdy (its from cowboy country - alberta), but I'll say hi!

Reactions: merrilltom

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey everyone,

Very impressed with the maturity on this site, hope it stays this way. I'm a BMW tech and shop owner, but my heart is all VW. I have owned many beetles and buses over the years, bought a new GTi VR6 in 95 and loved it. For the last several years I have driven a beautiful unrestored 1970 BMW 2500 sedan as my daily driver, but began to feel guilty about it and decided it should be a sunny day car. I went car shopping and tried to get excited about the BMW 330i ZHP but couldn't. On a whim I went and drove the GTi with the DSG and fell in love with it. If anyone has driven a BMW with the SMG trans, you would know what I mean when I say the DSG is light years ahead of BMW in this department. I am very happy with the car so far. I wouldn't mind better sounding speakers and fewer interior rattles, but overall it's a blast.

I'm sure my BMW customers will give me crap when they find out I bought a VW, but who cares, I have a grin on my face when I get to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I purchased my Fast 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I love it! It does have the rattle in the vent in center upper dash, I will get it fixed at the 5k oil change...gas mileage is not what I hoped it would be coming from a '91 BMW 325is, the gas mileage is about the same...but so much more fun to drive. I have had an '89 GTI 16V and an '82 Scirrocco...I loved both of those cars. I have posted a few times to others questions on here, I think this is a great forum and have found everyone to be friendly...look forward to more posts as we all get to know our Fast's....Later :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi Everyone! Wanted to introduce myself.

Last night I finally got my GTI and I haven't stopped smiling yet! ;D

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween. >:D

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

Again, HI and wish me luck with my new baby.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Glad to know that everyone is getting settled in, Here is a tip for you new guys: If you look at your car and think it doesnt look good, wash it. Happened to me today, feels like I have a new car. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Wouldn't take long to get dirty again. My car's covered with a coat of brown sludge, with leaves litterally frozen onto it and big chunks of brown ice hanging from just behind the wheel wells. I forget, did I get BM or UG?

·
Registered
1 Posts

just come across site.spot on. got a golf mkv in candy white with 18 monzas.looks stunnin and drive is even better.swine to keep clean but small price to pay.always had vw but none come close to this.nearly 2 months old gettin better by the day.live in south of scotland not seen many about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi all! Newbie here also! :)

BexSoCal said:

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween. >:D

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! >:D I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet. :-\

·
Registered
99 Posts

VenomousButtrfly said:

BexSoCal said:

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! >:D I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet. :-\
VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself. 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts

BexSoCal said:
VenomousButtrfly said:

BexSoCal said:

VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself. 8)
LOL! Hubby and I don't eat, drink, gab or anything of the sort while driving big NO-NO! (Shame on those of you who do)

Our knees won't allow us to play w/manuals anymore. :( So we got the next best thing. ;)

I too have German genes (how freaky). :eek:

1 - 20 of 4489 Posts