Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 4485 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to MFG, Use this thread to Introduce yourself to everyone! whether your old school Vdubber or new to the VW scene, We welcome you to My Fast GTI. Just bought? We'd love to hear about you and your new GTI.
FF

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

My GTI would say howdy (its from cowboy country - alberta), but I'll say hi!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey everyone,

Very impressed with the maturity on this site, hope it stays this way. I'm a BMW tech and shop owner, but my heart is all VW. I have owned many beetles and buses over the years, bought a new GTi VR6 in 95 and loved it. For the last several years I have driven a beautiful unrestored 1970 BMW 2500 sedan as my daily driver, but began to feel guilty about it and decided it should be a sunny day car. I went car shopping and tried to get excited about the BMW 330i ZHP but couldn't. On a whim I went and drove the GTi with the DSG and fell in love with it. If anyone has driven a BMW with the SMG trans, you would know what I mean when I say the DSG is light years ahead of BMW in this department. I am very happy with the car so far. I wouldn't mind better sounding speakers and fewer interior rattles, but overall it's a blast.

I'm sure my BMW customers will give me crap when they find out I bought a VW, but who cares, I have a grin on my face when I get to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts

I purchased my Fast 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I love it! It does have the rattle in the vent in center upper dash, I will get it fixed at the 5k oil change...gas mileage is not what I hoped it would be coming from a '91 BMW 325is, the gas mileage is about the same...but so much more fun to drive. I have had an '89 GTI 16V and an '82 Scirrocco...I loved both of those cars. I have posted a few times to others questions on here, I think this is a great forum and have found everyone to be friendly...look forward to more posts as we all get to know our Fast's....Later :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi Everyone! Wanted to introduce myself.

Last night I finally got my GTI and I haven't stopped smiling yet! ;D

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween. >:D

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

Again, HI and wish me luck with my new baby.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Glad to know that everyone is getting settled in, Here is a tip for you new guys: If you look at your car and think it doesnt look good, wash it. Happened to me today, feels like I have a new car. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Wouldn't take long to get dirty again. My car's covered with a coat of brown sludge, with leaves litterally frozen onto it and big chunks of brown ice hanging from just behind the wheel wells. I forget, did I get BM or UG?

·
Registered
1 Posts

just come across site.spot on. got a golf mkv in candy white with 18 monzas.looks stunnin and drive is even better.swine to keep clean but small price to pay.always had vw but none come close to this.nearly 2 months old gettin better by the day.live in south of scotland not seen many about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi all! Newbie here also! :)

BexSoCal said:

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween. >:D

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! >:D I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet. :-\

·
Registered
99 Posts

VenomousButtrfly said:

BexSoCal said:

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! >:D I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet. :-\
VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself. 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts

BexSoCal said:
VenomousButtrfly said:

BexSoCal said:

VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself. 8)
LOL! Hubby and I don't eat, drink, gab or anything of the sort while driving big NO-NO! (Shame on those of you who do)

Our knees won't allow us to play w/manuals anymore. :( So we got the next best thing. ;)

I too have German genes (how freaky). :eek:

·
Registered
556 Posts

ich spreche deutsches wenig, volkswagen und dirk nowitzki sind am besten

·
Registered
99 Posts

GranTurismoInjection said:
ich spreche deutsches wenig, volkswagen und dirk nowitzki sind am besten
Bist du Deutsche auch, oder studierten Sie Deutsches in der Schule?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Ich kann n?r ein Deutsch sprechen, nich mehrere "Deutsches".

I can speak englishes sehr gut too.

1 - 20 of 4485 Posts