Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the dang intercooler?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so is it situated behind the lower grill, Because that grill has no slots for air or is it so low that the air gets scooped to teh intercooler from the underside of the front bumper

·
Registered
68 Posts
it's under tha rad pretty sure it gets air from the bottom set of vents - put it like this where ever it is / where ever the air comes from it stays cool.

my GTI's chipped and my car stays at normal temps with the turbo boosting higher. :D

why do you want to know? wanna get those little squirty water jets? lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, nah i was just very interested. So your is chiped huh how much HP are you pushing? Also if you dont mind how much was your whole setup? Also i would like to know where you got your Caracter Valance Dual Out Turbo-Back Exhaust.and did you need to get a different bumper, for the dual out

·
Registered
68 Posts
www.awesomegti.com UK based as thats where i am they supply the bumper and the exhaust as a package for ?499

i'm pushing 260 BHP and 312Ft lbs torque .

i think this thread will be locked soon as the intercooler has already been asked and locked previously ... Need to search the threads more :) ;D

·
Registered
690 Posts
This question has been asked and asked again. It says right in the manual where it is, and barring that, a quick search would have answered your question in less time that it took to make this thread.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
the intercooler is located behind the radiator and gets no cold air whats so ever. It gets mostly hot air. You temp gauge will never go past half point unless your driving in 110 weather going 100mph plus. A aftermarket fmic will make you gain the cold air your loosing.
http://20squared.com/ejmk5fmic.htm

·
Registered
23 Posts
the one thing i do not want on mine is words(like ABD). i want mine to be like a ninja so that ricers or anybody cant see or know what i have >:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh nothing dont get me wrong. i love abd, they did very good work for my fast.it just that i want my intercooler to have no words on the front of it like abd or any thing else.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts