Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas, I've got a quick question. On my 04 GTI 1.8T, I now have an AEM cold air intake. I'm also looking into upgrading the stock intercooler, for a front mount intercooler, and was wondering if the intake would interfere with the piping for the intercooler, or if the intake would still even be needed?? I don't know a whole lot about tubos as this is my 1st, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I ran my FMIC back under the car and around to the stock location for the intake side, flipped the script for the turbo and used the outlet closest to it for direct piping, has a nice effect.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
there is definitely a possibility the hoses will run right through the path of the intake...u may have to figure a way to pipe around it as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
If you route the intercooler the proper way, the outlet closest to the passenger side is supposed to go straight into the intake mani, which is on the opposite side of the car and the intake, so it would never interfere with your CAI. I just decided to have boost feed directly into the intercooler with a smaller set of piping as opposed to routing it the long way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.