Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 711 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread and only this thread is where discussions as to which brand/style of intake is best. If you're in the market for an intake, read this thread. Do not make your own thread for this.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Included in this discussion will be anything that involves air before it enters the motor. i.e. turbos, mass airflow sensors, intercoolers, and filters.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
what do you all think the best intake for the GTI is right now??. i am looking into getting one but am not sure in which direction to go. the neuspeed p-flo looks nice but the way they talk about it almost makes them seem unsecure with the product so i am pulling away from it and looking closer into the Carbonio. any suggestions??

·
Registered
398 Posts
How attached are you to your engine cover? Most intakes require removal of the engine cover.

Just a thought to ponder

·
Registered
68 Posts
my engine i think looks ace with no engine cover specially all polished up and shiney! ;D

you can get intakes that use the same cover but i dont think they allow as much flow as the neuspeed intake i have. if it des.. i don't care im really pleased with it ;D

·
Registered
148 Posts
DrJones said:
Included in this discussion will be anything that involves air before it enters the motor. i.e. turbos, mass airflow sensors, intercoolers, and filters.
This thread is a little too encompassing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone purchased the Injen intake? ABD has one as well... And I see that Forge is coming out with one too. I am still shopping around for an intake and I am looking for some suggestions. Mostly everyone has the neuspeed one, but it was the first one out so that is probably the reason... Neuspeed does have a cold intake adapter for the P-Flow now too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bboy AJ said:
DrJones said:
This thread is a little too encompassing.
Ya i think turbo's and intercoolers need there own place on the boards. When i am looking for info on a turbo ubgrade i don't think to look in the intake discussion. If you want to do it that way then change the name to some thing like "air b4 the motor. But seeing as this board has a bad rap about not caring about the members i dont see that going to happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just got the neuspeed intake, and i bought a evoms heat shield that goes over the exaust manifold and turbo, im more concerned about heat from that location then the headlights, i got the intake for $170 and the heat shield for $30. still 100 dollars cheeper than the evoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
there is NO HEAT COMING FROM THE HEADLIGHT ON THE BACK SIDE SO DONT SPEND THE EXTRA CASH UNLES YOU RITCH! DO WHAT I DID AND SPEND 100 LESS!!! O0

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been told that adding in intake actually causes some loss of low-end tq though and really gains nothing except a couple high-end hp and some nice sound. Opinions on that one? I'm not going to spend $200-$300 on something that isn't going to do anything but make my car 'sound' better.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
a CAI might make you loose low end torque but if you took 2 GTIs one with a CAI and one without and raced them lets say 5 times in a row... the one with the CAI will perform way more consistantly then the one without... thats really all they are good for IF you are only going to get a CAI. CAI=more endurance from more cold air being pushed in the engine.

1 - 20 of 711 Posts