Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Insurance is very expensive for the GTI, especially since your a teen. You dont wanna know how much I pay for every 6 months cause Im 18, nd I got Geico. If I really saved %15 or more by switching to Geico, I sure like hell can't tell.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Well my mkiv is about 940$ for 6 months, saving well over 500$ because I am insured through usaa. I looked at getting an mkv and the insurance went up to 1100$ for 6 months. I have a perfect driving record (no tickets, no accidents). Hope that helps...

Oh and btw, usaa was 600$ cheaper than geico.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in So*Cal in the past 2 years I've had 2 speeding tickets and totalled my '03 GTI when i flipped after being cut off :-\ ...any who , now with my 2.0 im paying $1050 every six months thru Liberty Mutual. ;D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow...i thought I had it bad. my driving record is'nt exactly pristine. 5 accidents (4 not at fault...just bad luck) and 2 speeding tickets one which threw me in jail with a 5 year probation (i guess the judge was having a bad day)

I used to have nationwide and progressive. For the GTI...i switched to Traveler's...even with my record....i only pay $700 for 6 months...and thats at 4x the state minimum insurrance with tow, with GAP, with rental. I pay just a little bit more than i did with progressive for liability only on a 20 year old car.

For all of you with insurrance troubles.....check them out. I went through an insurrance agent in town...they can get you better deals than the intarwebz

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
about $900 for 6mo with esurance. dual coverage, just the minimum though. just liability woulb have been round $400. will try a local insurance guy for next cycle, maybe save some money O0

.......but then i would spend it on the car anyway ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.