My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tee hee....

Anyone else who thinks they would have had a hard time letting the Jr Bacon do that to the dude without reacting...

Some peeps were just chillin' and not even reacting...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he deserved it........ the people there were glad that they arrested him...........i would have waited till i got him around the corner to shock him o well we all make mistakes

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Speech isn't free when you disobey a lawfull order from a peace officer.....You don't have the right to stay on someone else's private property when they ask you to leave. (It's called trespassing.)

In short....the campus cops ordered him to leave at the request of the campus rep. (a lawful order) He chose to disobey to make his point....he made his point and felt the consequences for it.

What do you expect the cops to do? Oh well....he said he doesn't want to leave...lets just go home? Come on!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I see your point and I accept it. It still probably could have been handled in a better fashion. Even Kerry himself said there was no need for what happened.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
DAS FAST said:
I see your point and I accept it. It still probably could have been handled in a better fashion. Even Kerry himself said there was no need for what happened.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
DAS FAST said:
Fair enough... O0

Passive resistance is always a difficult issue for law enforcement...how much force is really appropriate? 20 years ago the cops would have just beat his head in with batons so I suppose progress, (however slow,) is being made.

·
Registered
573 Posts
22350 said:
Speech isn't free when you disobey a lawfull order from a peace officer.....You don't have the right to stay on someone else's private property when they ask you to leave. (It's called trespassing.)

In short....the campus cops ordered him to leave at the request of the campus rep. (a lawful order) He chose to disobey to make his point....he made his point and felt the consequences for it.

What do you expect the cops to do? Oh well....he said he doesn't want to leave...lets just go home? Come on!!
First of all, I think it might be a life lesson for the guy. But get serious, (7) cops had him on the ground, prone position, and in control, but still felt the need to use a taser? The just wanted to see their new toy in action. They should all have to be tasered before returning to work.

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
First of all, I think it might be a life lesson for the guy. But get serious, (7) cops had him on the ground, prone position, and in control, but still felt the need to use a taser? The just wanted to see their new toy in action. They should all have to be tasered before returning to work.
You do have to be tasered before you can carry one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was at UF when that happened, a friend of mine had class with him. Should have seen the circus protesting outside the police station.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts