Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i feel like an idiot. i bought new headlight bulbs... bought my car pre loved but the previous owner was color blind. i have a blue headlight and a yellow one. so anyway. the manual is useless. i cant figure out how to change my own headlights. how do you remove the bulb? anyone? i get the cover off and theres what feels like a transformer or serve behind it. i twisted left and it turns but wont just come out and im scared of breaking it. please help

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I don't know how to. But this is a reminder: if you have a digital camera at your disposal do a DIY for it. I'm sure many would appreciate it.

I hope someone can help out! O0

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the post/pics/DIY info. Just had to replace a burned out bulb in my 07 and this really made it easy. THANKS

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im havin trouble with my low beam drivers side headlight. it will intermittently cut on and off. I have an 04 gti. Im thinkin either the bulb is on its last leg, or the connection may be a little loose. but if the bulb is going bad wouldnt it be both? I dont know. and I am having the same trouble trying to get into the bulb to check it.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
hey frisky, what color is your mkiv..?

·
Registered
172 Posts
silver.
hey im prolly gonna be at buffalo wild wings in Manassas tomorrow night I get off work about 1830 then im headin out there. If you wanna stop by and have a drink or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts