Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where I can get a new bumper, and sideskirts? looks like the stock plastic bumper piece, the plastic side skirts, and plastic lip. Same pieces, just made out better material, so that I can paint them the same color as my black mkv gti.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I see that 181 people have viewed this, and no one has responded. I do believe it is time to search for them on your own. These people cannot help you. :'(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i myself have been in search for this as well. on a black car its not really a big deal bt it stands out pretty nicely on the silver one i have and i dont like it too much. wish it was all one color.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
I am looking int o the same thing on my white mkv.
However after only having the car for 6 days and some f**k keyed both my driverside doors.
I had to repaint them and told the bodyshop to paint the black plastic aswell. for 650bux.
Im getting it in 2 days and i will post pictures if you want of how it turned out.
This i guess is the poor mans solution since i cannot afford a 3000$ Oettinger body kit.

V

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand the min cost of a body kit (parts + painting + installtion) is around $2000. The VW parts department has the standard body kit for 1200-1300. With the installation that goes up to 2000. If you get a "designer" bodykit like Caractere or Oettinger, that goes up to 4000.

I like the standard (VM factory) front and sides, they look nice and simple. But I'll probably prefer one of the "designer" rear parts. Also depends on if I change the exhaust as well. I kind of like the 2 pipes on each side.

All I'm trying to figure out now is if I can get some of the $ back on resale. If I will be able get half the money back, that makes it more attractive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What you buy now :D

PS, I'm moving to Shewsbury (barring any failures on the closing on this old house ... again) in June lemme know when and where and I'll lend a hand.

·
Registered
277 Posts
GTIERDone said:
What you buy now :D

PS, I'm moving to Shewsbury (barring any failures on the closing on this old house ... again) in June lemme know when and where and I'll lend a hand.
Sweet man, that's like only 25 mins from me. We go down there all the time to hang with my sis and bro and law.....my fingers are crossed for ya....

The stuff I got should be here next week O0

·
Registered
277 Posts
uncle dude said:
Scans, you may wish to consider something like this. Think of the money you will save on rims :eek:
Didn't I see that car in that Tom Cruise movie......Minority Report..... :eek:

That thing is U to the ugly....... :p

My stuff is already at the paint shop 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts