Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out of church this evening unlocked my car (using my fob) put the key in the ignition and started the engine. Much to my surprise there is a message that reads "Immobilizer Active!" and the car shuts off... What does that mean?! I tried a few more times before I got the idea to unhook my battery...that didn't help. So I got online and searched and forums were saying things about VAGCOMs and Dealership trips, which is not something that was helpful in my pressent state. Then I got the bright idea to try using my key in the door. I turned it first counter clockwise then clockwise then counter clockwise again (unlock, lock, unlock) I prayed to Jesus and tried the ignition again...EUREKA!!! I drove it home. I don't know if it was the praying or the key turning or both that made it work but I'm thankful that it did!

Hope this helps someone in the future.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I came out of church this evening unlocked my car (using my fob) put the key in the ignition and started the engine. Much to my surprise there is a message that reads "Immobilizer Active!" and the car shuts off... What does that mean?! I tried a few more times before I got the idea to unhook my battery...that didn't help. So I got online and searched and forums were saying things about VAGCOMs and Dealership trips, which is not something that was helpful in my pressent state. Then I got the bright idea to try using my key in the door. I turned it first counter clockwise then clockwise then counter clockwise again (unlock, lock, unlock) I prayed to Jesus and tried the ignition again...EUREKA!!! I drove it home. I don't know if it was the praying or the key turning or both that made it work but I'm thankful that it did!

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Dang brutha are you sure James Bond didn't own that car before you?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Jesus saves! Praised the Lowered!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Found the problem.
Very strange, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It got to the point where it wouldn't work at all and I decided to use my other fob, and it works every time. So I took the nonworking fob apart and saw that the RFID chip looked a little funny. It looks like there is some sort of liquid inside, not sure what that's all about...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The stuff inside it is epoxy or some sort of glue to keep the chip from moving around inside the glass container. Mine looks exactly like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see. Should it be in liquid form?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts