Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing some major renovations to the site over the next week. If you have a suggestion, Let me know now. I'll try to work the best ones in. I'll be merging some forums to make things neater and to increase activity. I'm also working on a new theme. We'll probably keep this theme as default, but I'm not really happy with the others. If you are using any of the other themes besides Helios, let me know.

BTW, do you like the new logo at the top? I'll have decals, T-shirts and license plates ready soon with the MFG logo and a couple of other logos I'm working on.
Have a fast day.

FF

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing, I'm thinking about turning this text into a light gray. Let me know your thoughts on this, or do you want it to stay white. I think LT gray would be easier on the eyes.
ff

·
Registered
842 Posts
The big silver GTI logo should take you to the very first homepage. My bookmark is for the forum page so I never see the true home page. It might help your advertising hits.

·
Registered
747 Posts

Now this I like >:D

Hey Freddie, is the implementation of the profile gallery in the works?...I think it would be cool to be able to upload pics of your car on your own profile, instead of surfing all the threads to see everyone's cars

I think the grey text would look good too O0
uncle dude said:
The big silver GTI logo should take you to the very first homepage. My bookmark is for the forum page so I never see the true home page. It might help your advertising hits.
I never see hte front page either, this is a good point

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mattabaziou said:

Now this I like >:D

Hey Freddie, is the implementation of the profile gallery in the works?...I think it would be cool to be able to upload pics of your car on your own profile, instead of surfing all the threads to see everyone's cars

I think the Grey text would look good too O0
uncle dude said:
I never see the front page either, this is a good point
I'll look into it again. The last time it became a nightmare. Same reason I didn't implement Vbgarage at rabbitownersclub.com, I went with zoints profile instead. I just had a nightmare for the last 2 months with a SEO mod for this forum software. Initially it seemed to have great support then the author disappeared and I couldn't get any help. At some point, I'd like to bring this site over to Vbulletin software. I'm able to do more with better support with that software. But, as several of you know, I've just been freelancing for the past few months and it don't pay the bills.

I'm in the process of looking for a new J.O.B. and I think I found one that would permit me to make a good income and give me more time to work on my sites to boot. I'm also actively looking for sponsors this week and have some new plans for MFG and ROC to liven them up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
:eek: Nice, improvements are always welcome, this site has a lot of potential and has been growing faster recently...I cant wait to see what it will turn into O0

Keep doing what you do FF

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
i wish I could have made that. Those are some decals I found on eBay, but I know VW has the licenses for it.

I've seen it on a shirt they sell in Driver Gear. (only in a catalog, not on the website)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fast Freddie said:
kryptonkid07 said:
i said this earlier, but this could look cool at the top:

[/quote

does look cool. Did you make it? if not, where's it from?]
What i was wondering is if everyone gave you a dollar, would it be enough to help? Il donate a dollar and maybe more later like $10, but i don't have that much right now in my account............ :'( [suicide]

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have a big favor. My suggestion is...........can you please change it where when you log in while viewing a thread, so you can post on it, can you please stay on that page instead of jumping to the home page? [help]

·
Registered
747 Posts
I guess thats a good point, although its only happened to me once when accessing MFG on my friend's iphone (I know...I just couldn't stay away from you guys for an entire week without knowing whats going on!! ;D )
My computer remembers the password so I never have the issue of having to log in...I'm always logged in :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey I have a question...are we sponsored by "speedstyleandperformance.com" ?
once in a while when I click on 'Show unread posts since last visit' or 'Show new replies to your posts' it opens a new window and takes me to this forum thread: http://aussieexotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/perth-ferrari-crash-1.jpg
I've never been to this site so I dont think its a problem on my end ???
I dont know if its normal but I just thought I would mention it to see if anyone else had this happen to them

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mattabaziou said:
Hey I have a question...are we sponsored by "speedstyleandperformance.com" ?
once in a while when I click on 'Show unread posts since last visit' or 'Show new replies to your posts' it opens a new window and takes me to this forum thread: http://aussieexotics.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/perth-ferrari-crash-1.jpg
I've never been to this site so I dont think its a problem on my end ???
I dont know if its normal but I just thought I would mention it to see if anyone else had this happen to them
What kind of computer are you on, what browser and have you ever done a spyware scan?
It sounds like your browser is hijacked. :-\

·
Registered
747 Posts
haha I am pretty techy and I dont have any spyware or viruses...I actually reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago cuz it had lots of 'deleted left-overs'
I have a Powerbook G4 and am using the Safari browser. I used Firefox for 2 weeks to check if it was the browser but it had the same issue...

the strange thing is that it is related to cars, which I think rules out spyware ???

It doesn't bother me that much so its ok

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Woot! Go Macs!

Yeah. Safari is a cool browser. Much faster than the Firefox I'm running on my MacBook... but Firefox is convenient because of the whole open new tabs thing and the ability to recover your previous session should it unexpectedly close.

Anyway. that's weird. Isn't Mog an endorser of SpeedStyleandPerformance?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.