Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo sunday morning i was off to pick this girl up for brunch.

i pulled up to a 3 laned red light....and of course im next too a GT3 (911) and a Diablo (if i need to spell that make of this car, please get off the computer and sell ur GTI and buy a moped)

they all smiled at me, rev'd their sexy engines...i acknowledge their invitation and do the same. I think i was ahead for a split second coz i caught the green light perfectly, and that was all she wrote. lol

u can write your own ending for this story. They caught up w/ me later (jk) i caught up w/ them on next light, they clapped i waved bye and went on my way. If only i had some crazy ass $$$$$ in my bank account.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
lumns said:

i pulled up to a 3 laned red light....and of course im next too a GT3 (911) and a Diablo (if i need to spell that make of this car, please get off the computer and sell ur GTI and buy a moped)

they all smiled at me, rev'd their sexy engines...i acknowledge their invitation and do the same. I think i was ahead for a split second coz i caught the green light perfectly, and that was all she wrote. lol

u can write your own ending for this story. They caught up w/ me later (jk) i caught up w/ them on next light, they clapped i waved bye and went on my way. If only i had some crazy ass $$$$$ in my bank account.
If you had one of these- the story may have ended on a better note:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
omg...i would of loved to see their faces. And be like...yea baby, its a VW, now what?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dragon said:
lumns said:

you know, even if i had the money...........dont think i could get one.............................nevermind, yes i could. >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
was it a GT3 RS? or was it a street GT3? my dads thinking of buying a GT3 RS when i go to college and do porsche cup racing...porsche flat sixes are one of the sexiest engines i think they've got a very distinct sound to them...

if i ever pulled up on a lamborghini diablo, i know that it really isnt a lamborghini diablo (some **** with a kit car) so i'd rev on him...

·
Registered
137 Posts
slimGTI09 said:
if i ever pulled up on a lamborghini diablo, i know that it really isnt a lamborghini diablo (some **** with a kit car) so i'd rev on him...
well, i am not so sure i would...........most kit cars have Chevy or Ford V8's in them.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
errrr...... im 90% sure its the real deal, it was in mclean, va.... lets say people here have more money then sense.

I dont know if it was a GT3 RS or not, it had a roll cage in the back seat i could see that. I know what you are talkin about their inline sixes my dad used to have a 911 carrera 4s....she sounded sooo sexy when you started her up

·
Registered
230 Posts
its not really "inline" is it? well, isnt it 3 cylinders in a row on each side but flat hence the name? but w/e

and im not worried about a ford V-8 at least, ive beaten a mustang GT... and im going to be racing a modded Z28 camaro

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Heck yes on that Slim...I believe that the Porsche 6's are all boxer engines...meaning horizontally opposed Flat sixes. it give the car better balance, and allows them to handle more precisely due to a lower center of gravity...great motors

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yes indeed, that low thrum... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all subaru's also have boxer engines. They just lack the notoriety of Porsche's. You can actually find pre-owned 911 turbo's for pretty good prices if you know where to look. You could definately get a mid-late 90's turbo for high twenties, low thirties. I'd love to get one, and just pretty it up a bit.

·
Registered
230 Posts
except for the 993's i think. my dad used to have one when i was around 6 that he had for a year. he got it for 66k i think they go for quite a bit more than that now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dragon said:
lumns said:

that car is made to go ina straight line and that's all

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
pokapreak said:
Dragon said:
lumns said:

Did you not get that issue of Eurotuner?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
pokapreak said:
Dragon said:
lumns said:

Gee... why would they put the engine in the middle then? The car was not made to go in a straight line, and actually other than the proto, the car has never been made. :p

·
Registered
888 Posts
I saw a video on youtube about this dude from some magazine and the car is meant to be driven pretty hard. he does some turns with it. its limited to like 50% of available torque in 1st. gear and 60% of available torque in 2nd gear once you get to 3rd gear you can get all of the torque that us GTI fans know and love. The w12 GTI was bulit for some event and obviously never was designed for production.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts