Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

I want a FAST! "FAST" PIX HERE!

11K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  LittleGTI 
#1 ·
One evil looking rabbit...

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: I want a FAST!

Hey Spicoli, did you get a GTI? Do you think you could negotiate with a dealer if you bought a GLI? It would be pretty frustrating if you couldn't get a fast because you got a trunk instead. A lot of people who bought the GLI are hardcore VW people who wanted a GTI but couldn't have one yet.

#8 ·

I forgot where but i remember reading part of the ad campaign was to send a fast to all GTI owners, my question is do they mean only the new GTI because i bought an '05 GTI only say 5k miles ago and I want a fast bad. Do you think if I could get one if I asked VWoA?

#9 ·

You could try asking your salesperson and see what they can do for you, or just wait until they are for sale at parts and buy one. I keep checking my mailbox for one but nothing yet. I do plan on buying at least 1 additional when they are available.

#11 ·

TurboladerVW said:
I forgot where but i remember reading part of the ad campaign was to send a fast to all GTI owners, my question is do they mean only the new GTI because i bought an '05 GTI only say 5k miles ago and I want a fast bad. Do you think if I could get one if I asked VWoA?
Don't worry,
They are coming. It's just taking CP+B and VW time to have them built and sent. The ones the dealers got were prototypes of the production models from what I'm told. The "fasts" should be coming to your doorstep very soon.

#13 ·
#14 ·

It is my understanding that one will be mailed to you. That is, if you bought a new GTI.
My bad

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

#15 ·
You need to buy one from dealer; no one ever mentioned that I would get one, and I didn't. $40 for the little guy at the parts dept.

#16 ·
You need to buy one from dealer; no one ever mentioned that I would get one, and I didn't. $40 for the little guy at the parts dept.
Well, you didn't get one because they were a mkv marketing campaign. Also, the one's you can buy now are just miniature versions of the real one's that were received by mkv owners. And they came with removal tails.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
Well, you didn't get one because they were a mkv marketing campaign. Also, the one's you can buy now are just miniature versions of the real one's that were received by mkv owners. And they came with removal tails.

This discussion sounds familiar; deja vu all over again. I can't be bothered to go look, but didn't we have this same set of comments about a year ago?

#18 ·
This discussion sounds familiar; deja vu all over again. I can't be bothered to go look, but didn't we have this same set of comments about a year ago?
Yes, I've posted this before. Just didn't want people to think they could buy the original fast figurines for 40 bucks at the dealer, or for mkvi owners to think they should have gotten one.

#19 ·
You have wonderful attention to detail, Christina. Bravo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.