Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i know, i didnt want to either, but on those long 6 hour drives between oakland and la i need too. surprsingly everyone that gets in my car still says its smells new (3 months old)

>:D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
My GTI was actually what made me quit smoking. A new car will do wonders to motivate you;)
good for you. most of my friends smoke and when i see them pop out a cig in my car i look at them like they are crazy and they put it away haha.

·
Registered
556 Posts
GTfly said:
good for you. most of my friends smoke and when i see them pop out a cig in my car i look at them like they are crazy and they put it away haha.
None of my friends even think about pulling out a cigarette in my car. If anyone messes up my new car smell, it's going to be me.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
thisistoto said:
I know i know, i didnt want to either, but on those long 6 hour drives between oakland and la i need too. surprsingly everyone that gets in my car still says its smells new (3 months old)

>:D
Smite for smoking in your fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
My GTI was actually what made me quit smoking. A new car will do wonders to motivate you;)
+1 ...same here, I'm on the nico gum, as for friends they know the deal and don't even bother asking...they know my fast ain't having it...haha >:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
come on, why dont you eat cookies in bed, or piss in the tub or shit in the shower?? I quit like 8 months ago, but never smoked in my house or any of my cars when I did, no matter what...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thats why that mold killer aint removing those stains... it aint mold... and thats why you take cold showers and still get steam... lol..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had quit for a year and a half and then started up about 2 months ago. Once I got my GTI I quit cold turkey and intend on not starting back as long as I have my GTI.

·
Registered
398 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
As long as your shit is not too solid, what's the problem with dropping heat in the shower? That's how I roll
What kind of diet are you on...Taco Bell and White Castle?

As for smoking...why do you even start knowing what those things do to you? I lost two grand parents to smoking 20 years ago. One smoked till the day died and the other stopped back in the 70's.

Save your cash and your lungs.

·
Registered
690 Posts
ZULU said:
As for smoking...why do you even start knowing what those things do to you?
That's a question I've been asked multiple times and have never been able to answer. I honestly have no idea why I started in the first place. I suppose it's a combination of boredom, peer pressure, and a genetic inclination towards addiction. That, and it's a pretty wicked buzz for the first few weeks.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
DrJones said:
ZULU said:
As for smoking...why do you even start knowing what those things do to you?
That's a question I've been asked multiple times and have never been able to answer. I honestly have no idea why I started in the first place. I suppose it's a combination of boredom, peer pressure, and a genetic inclination towards addiction. That, and it's a pretty wicked buzz for the first few weeks.
and then after those first few weeks there is no more buzz and it really only affects you if yer drunk... or high for that matter. but smoking becomes way to expensive its around 5 bucks a pack. if you are a constant smoker chances are you go through a pack a day. so 7 packs a week... thats 35 bucks around... i donno about you but i think 35 bucks a week is a pretty nice chunk of extra spending money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As an ex smoker, I have a pretty good excuse for starting to begin with... When you're in the military, it's one of the few chances you have to relax and have a break when shit hits the fan. You're Chief or Div-o isn't going to yell at you for sitting down and relaxing, if he's up there getting a fix too. Eventually, you just become addicted, but that's why I started

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I am also an ex-smoker, but when I smoked I was a stupid high schooler and packs of cigarettes were only $5 each. Now they're over $10 here, I can't believe how anybody is stupid enough to start smoking.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thalo said:
I am also an ex-smoker, but when I smoked I was a stupid high schooler and packs of cigarettes were only $5 each. Now they're over $10 here, I can't believe how anybody is stupid enough to start smoking.
Shit, they're like $15 a carton at the Niagra Falls Duty Free shop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my fast makes me smoke outside, ive been guilty of smoking in it ONCE. but dammet i needed it.

lucky strikes FTW.

alf

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here's a thought to all of you. Don't smoke at all, in the first place. There are absolutely no advantages to smoke. Every cig you smoke takes 7 minutes off of your life, that you could spend enjoying your fast.

·
Registered
352 Posts
GTfly said:
you got a point there >:D
Thank you. Did you also know that 80% of smokers start in Junior High? If you make it into high school without smoking, your chances that you WILL start, are much lower. And if you save the money that you would normally waste on cigs, you can upgrade your fast instead.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts