Registered
263 Posts
Re: I PUT ON SOME NEW WHEELS AND TIRES

not diggin the rims or the patriots sticker on the back window

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

That's not very nice. I the rims are nice, but too small for my taste. On that car at least.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

kryptonkid07 said:
That's not very nice. I the rims are nice, but too small for my taste. On that car at least.
They're not that small. They're 17's (225/45/17). The tires are why I put them on. The Potenzas that came on the stock 18s are crap.

The picture doesn't do them justice, they look better in person.

·
Registered
263 Posts

im just kidding with you bro. i just hate the patriots. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

I guess. I just never cared for anything smaller than 18's on the new GTI's or bigger than 19's. But as it's said many, many times in this forum, "to each his own".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

kryptonkid07 said:
I guess. I just never cared for anything smaller than 18's on the new GTI's or bigger than 19's. But as it's said many, many times in this forum, "to each his own".
My real reason for putting them on was I wanted to use these wheels for winter tires but the Toyos that are on them are almost new.
(toyo t1-s)
http://www.ostlestyres.co.uk/images/large/t1-s.jpg

So I'm gonna beat the shit out these tires over the summer and then put snows on them (needed in New England).

Then I'm going to get a set of the new Toyo T1-Rs for the 18s for next summer.
(toyo t1-r)
http://wayneswheels2000.com/Toyo-T1R.jpg

It's hard to sell a set of slightly used tires so I'll just get my moneys worth out of them.

I've had Michelin Pilot Sports on my 20th and then put on the T1-Rs. The toyos are by far a better performance tire and cost much less than the Michelins.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yee said:
That's O.k. , most people outside of New England do. I'm used to it.

Just out of curiousity , who's your team?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

At least you like the team where you're from. I know a lot of people here in Houston that HATE the Texans. But now they kicked David Carr to the side, so maybe we'll start doing good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

kryptonkid07 said:
At least you like the team where you're from. I know a lot of people here in Houston that HATE the Texans. But now they kicked David Carr to the side, so maybe we'll start doing good.
The Texans should be a whole lot better this year (we'll see what they do come draft day). Reggie Bush would of been a nice addition but it definately wasn't what the team needed to improve on.

It was a good move releasing Carr, he wasn't anything special. I think Schaub was a good pick up. He had one hell of a game against the Pats when Vick was out with herpes or some shit.

BTW - I painted the Pats logo on , it's not a sticker.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

Yeah, Texans had some sort of brain fart, not picking up Reggie. But we will see. So the logo isn't permanent then?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

No, I painted with some acrylic paint after the Pats beat San Diego.Gotta support your team , ya know! It comes right off with windex and a razor blade.

Then that damn Indy game happened &%#%$#%$#&^$$#%[email protected]!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts

Do you not fear that someone who hates that team may find it reason enough to key your car?

I'm not a sports man, but I do notice people seem to get heated and irrational when it comes to supporting teams.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

nitroburn said:
Do you not fear that someone who hates that team may find it reason enough to key your car?

I'm not a sports man, but I do notice people seem to get heated and irrational when it comes to supporting teams.
No worries. I wasn't driving around Indy with it.

Now if it was a Red Sox logo during a Sox/Yankees series THEN I'd be a bit worried but there aren't too many Colts fans around Boston.

I have been known to spit on a few cars with any type of Yankees apparell on it, but nothing that would permanantly damage their car. And yes spitting on a car is childish.

Keying a car is even more childish.

Never mess with a man's vehicle or woman.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Yankees suck. People who like the Yankees shouldn't have a GTI. its like a sin or something.

·
Registered
52 Posts

lswift84 said:
Yankees suck. People who like the Yankees shouldn't have a GTI. its like a sin or something.
I couldn't of said it better myself. Yankee fans must prefer cars that cost 3-4 times as much with diminshed performance when it counts the most

·
Registered
263 Posts

mofo529 said:
yee said:
That's O.k. , most people outside of New England do. I'm used to it.

Just out of curiousity , who's your team?
eagles. hence the hate for the patriots. my dads from philly, so im into the eagles.

but my baseball team is the yankees, since i used to live in CT and went to their games a lot.

btw its not a sin to love the yankees. and im sick of this whole yankees have the most money bullshit. the fuckin sox have just about as we do

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

You're right, it's not a sin to like the Yankees, it's an incurable genetic disorder.

·
Registered
263 Posts

i dont see why people hate the yankees. just because we kick ass and arent a bunch of shittalkers like the sox doesnt mean u gotta hate

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

The Sox win through grit, heart and determination. The Yankees win through $$$.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts