Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yep, I'd also say GIAC...however down the line if you do ever end up doing some basic breather mods ie. exhaust, intake....It'd be very helpful to go with the APR or another chip that allows the shop to reflash again for free, to accomodate those mods and utilize the gains that they're capable of producing. But bone stock the GIAC is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Waz- what do you plan to do to the car later down the line?

Like bandit said if you are going to do intake and exhaust: I'd look at Revo or APR.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill be using the chip program with a stock car for maybe a couple months, then ill go to a cold air intake, and later an exhaust system. I read somewhere the stock MKV exhaust system is pretty good, so im not in a rush to upgrade that, but i do want an intake. I was think about carbonio intake for the MKV, or the P-FLO (Feel free to give me ur opinion of the intake choice ;D). Unfortunately, i gotta rebuild my funds, nd i go full time to college so im puttin down the study time during the week, nd working a little on the weekend. I already bought the NewSouth Performance MKV TurboPod Bundle from www.momentumtuning.com, i figure that would be pretty useful to see how much boost im running with the chip.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
ill be using the chip program with a stock car for maybe a couple months, then ill go to a cold air intake, and later an exhaust system. I read somewhere the stock MKV exhaust system is pretty good, so im not in a rush to upgrade that, but i do want an intake. I was think about carbonio intake for the MKV, or the P-FLO (Feel free to give me ur opinion of the intake choice ;D). Unfortunately, i gotta rebuild my funds, nd i go full time to college so im puttin down the study time during the week, nd working a little on the weekend. I already bought the NewSouth Performance MKV TurboPod Bundle from www.momentumtuning.com, i figure that would be pretty useful to see how much boost im running with the chip.
The carbonio looks great, but there is very little in performnce gains. The PFlow w/ the race extension is probably the best, followed by the EVOMS intake.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I don't know about that Dragon...I had a P-flow, (albeit standard, w/o the race extension) on my first MK V...I hated it and the loss of TQ. I put my stocker back on, then when I got the FH I went to the Carbonio and love it. No real loss in TQ, just gains in the upper end. The motor doesn't want to putter out around 6k, and just keeps pulling. Just my 2 cents since I've been on both sides of the fence. The P-flow sounds better though, the DV really comes through. Just beware of the TQ loss you're GOING to experience.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
banditscout said:
I don't know about that Dragon...I had a P-flow, (albeit standard, w/o the race extension) on my first MK V...I hated it and the loss of TQ. I put my stocker back on, then when I got the FH I went to the Carbonio and love it. No real loss in TQ, just gains in the upper end. The motor doesn't want to putter out around 6k, and just keeps pulling. Just my 2 cents since I've been on both sides of the fence. The P-flow sounds better though, the DV really comes through. Just beware of the TQ loss you're GOING to experience.
Didn't seem to loose any torque, but I also switched to the vented fogs and a BMC filter at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
Dragon, you are way more skilled than me when it comes to the VW engine. The carbonio seems to be a little easier option for me. Is there a big power difference with the P-Flow and the Carbonio?
Honestly, I can't say. Really, you'd need to take the same car and dyno with both intakes to get a real answer.

Now, design wise, I feel the PFlow w/ the race extension is a true CAI. Power wise and this is just a guess, I'm sure it would be within 2HP between the two. The carbonio is definitly engine bling and I'm a carbon fibre junkie, but I was talked out of the carbonio.. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts