Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 10 months ago i had 19/265/30 rims on the back of my car.......wow my car looked so nice !!!!!but once it was three of us in my car and it seriously damaged my fender......all this because my car is dropped, and the rims and tires popped out a little bit.....now i have an idea.....im going to stretch a tire which is going to be 225/19/30..... and put them on the big rims i had on..... im going to show you guys how my car looks after i do this on Monday....sick rims and the car looks amazing j. thanks guys! >:D thanks for the help and support, any comment or thoughts about what im going to do regarding stretching the tire?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm not a tire expert but it seems to me that stretching a performance tire, potentially damaging it, could be a very bad thing at high speeds or low speeds for that matter.

Could be wrong though.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Helping him understand his tires is all that was... Did I offend you dsgti???
Next time I will throw 5 smileys after my writings.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Yea he's posting constructive thoughts like that one all over the forum

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the useful info bcruzin im going to stretch the tire and put it on the form you will love it!!!!ahhhh im so exited......my car is going to be the sickest black mk5!!!!yay!

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Stretch may cut down on performance Manricky... just keep that in mind... but if you're lookin for all show, I can't wait to see!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
because when i first had the 265/30/19 on my back tires it rubbed and destroyed my fender!!! thats why lolz hopefully it does not affect my performance.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i would say my car is car show material!!yay im going to get sponsored!wehhhhhh also since my car was dropped it was less than 1/2 a inch away from the fender and since it's big wheels they will pop out and they destroyed the fender.....so by stretching it the car will look sick and just about every car i pass by will break neck like before.....the rims are made of light weight aluminum, even tho they are 2 inches bigger they weight the same as the stock 17s...... ;D

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
Impressive, but better pics are needed! Close ups of how it looks going down the car, wanna see the strettttch. What were the final dimensions front and back.. did you use spacers?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no spacers but my car was rubbing in the back even after i went from a 265 tire to a 235 stretched tire.....i put the stock springs on the back so i have plenty of space not to rub....the front is 225/19/35 back is 235/19/35 but stretched......incredibly it did not slow down the car......the 19s weight almost exactly the same as the 17s......i love how the car looks and everyone that lays eyes on it down here in miami love it as well....if u look carfully on the 2nd pic you will see the 3inch lip. but yes i know bad angle :-\ :eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts