Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the shopping stage right now....i have 2 options
a
08 scion tc
or
08 VW GTI

my mom would want me to get the cheaper one..which is the tc..but i need to pursuade that i can get the GTI
Ill be paying it myself...but she is cosigning with me so...i need tips

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The i drove was 08 and it was 25,000
and my friend said that it has less features than the 07.
are the manual 07 cheaper?
i didnt see any 07 left at the dealer...i should try the other ones

·
Registered
473 Posts
I agree with the others. Find an 07 that a dealer needs to get rid of. If they want the sale they will call around and get it off their buddy's hands at a neighboring VW dealer. They all need the room for the 08's and you should be able to drive a bargain. If you go 08 you flip the tables and they got you.. not worth the extra for an inch drop and change in climate control. The changes are few but the deal is great if you can get an 07. Also shop near the end of the month because they're all chasing monthly numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm...so it would be best to do it at the end of the month?
So they are trying to get rid of the 07's?
I guess i might have to go to other dealers

·
Registered
473 Posts
In general, its best to shop for a car at the end of a month.. thats all Im sayin. If your local V-dub dealer is good like mine was they'll work to find you what you want. Go in telling them what you want because they damn sure will sell you what they have on hand. Its a chess game pure and simple. And no its not much better going 08 vs. 07 for you because the changes are minimal and you cant drive a deal on an 08 like an 07. They probably dont have any 07's on their lot so they arent interested in looking for you but if they want the sell and you stick to your guns you can get them on their VW dealer computer looking. I'd say go straight to the head sales manager. After they do that try and find out where the car is (mine was in NC) and if they talk about destination charges added to get it then thats your cue to leave and call that dealer and make a deal especially since you are driving all the way out to get that car off their hands. Im sure someone wants to sell their last 07 fast real bad and would be willing to cut you a deal. Several dealers in your radius are fed cars from the same regional distributor.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
What's up ******? Haha, just kidding... I'm "the friend" of DrDriftKing007... I don't know why you'd still choose that screen name after all the hassle you get, but to each his own. Just don't let PMAZ find out. [fish]

Okay.. I'm trying to help him out in his car choosing..

I'm telling him the best cars (in the price range and power range) would be the following:

-VW GTI (of course)
-Honda Civic Si (despite how many people hate honda on this site, it's still a good car you have to admit)
-Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:D
Yeah...I went to the honda dealership with Kriptonkid here...and They told me i had to put $500 bucks down to testdrive the Civic Si
how gay...so im not sure what to get now...but yeah

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.