Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have a 2002 VW GTi 1.8T. The first problem is that both of my front turn signals do not work, yet if I hit the headlights in the right area they work for a bit until i hit a bump or something. Would it be a problem with the headlights themselves or a problem with the wiring. The bulbs for it are less than a year old so they work.

The second problem is that the air bag light comes on after the car starts. It will go off for a second as soon as the car starts but then comes back on and stays on. It happened all of a sudden I wasnt messing with any wires or anything like that.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
As for the lights, are you physically "hitting" the headlight, or turning the switch? The airbag light is prob a loose or disconnected seatbelt switch (the wiring). Airbags will still work (I think, help me out here guys) but the airbag light can mean different things. Might need to pull the seatbelt buckle apart and look at the wiring.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
As for the lights, are you physically "hitting" the headlight, or turning the switch? The airbag light is prob a loose or disconnected seatbelt switch (the wiring). Airbags will still work (I think, help me out here guys) but the airbag light can mean different things. Might need to pull the seatbelt buckle apart and look at the wiring.
if airbag light is on it disables all air bags in the car... fix immediately... and to fix your blinker issue... shave em :)

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
If a bump is turning off the lights, it may be a loose connection somewhere, or a wire has been rubbed raw and is shorting out. Nothing I can suggest but trace and inspect.

I have no experience with airbag lights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im physically hitting the headlights, my car for what ever reason seems to have a lot of electrical problems, i forgot to mention that my lights for the climate control doesnt work either, but if i hit the sides of it it will come back on sometimes.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
im physically hitting the headlights, my car for what ever reason seems to have a lot of electrical problems, i forgot to mention that my lights for the climate control doesnt work either, but if i hit the sides of it it will come back on sometimes.
my climate lights dont work eaither. makes it fun at night time always unexpected what im gonna get :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If a bump is turning off the lights, it may be a loose connection somewhere, or a wire has been rubbed raw and is shorting out. Nothing I can suggest but trace and inspect.

I have no experience with airbag lights.
damn. ive been meaning to try and trace it but i just never seem to have time to try and fix it right now lol.

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Haha, no one said welcome to VW!! The funnest electrical nightmare on the planet!!! Man, I love it!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the same airbag light in my 2002 1.8t AWD too. I guess that means I also need to find somebody with vag-com. lol.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have the airbag light on too:D but mine is because one was actually deployed and i didnt reset the light after replacing the stuff;))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.