Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it HATES AM radio! :) My fiance's fast (He has an Audi S4) says that it's because my fast is not very mature yet (unlike his). ::)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) My fast is very disappointed in the free satellite radio selections. Does your fast suggest buying the monthly subscription?

·
Registered
342 Posts
5 Door Fast said:
:) My fast is very disappointed in the free satellite radio selections. Does your fast suggest buying the monthly subscription?
I dunno; I'm still on my free Sirius trial and I have all the available channels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GTfly said:
my fast only likes the 6 disc CD changer... and AM radio on sundays :D
Obviously yours is more mature than mine, too :). My fast ALSO loves the 6 disc CD changer! It has a crazy variety in it right now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My fast is very disappointed in the free satellite radio selections. Does your fast suggest buying the monthly subscription?
NO!

Although I enjoy the commercial free channels, there is still the same stupid dj's blabbing constantly. Then, just like the 'free' radio, they play the same 11 songs over and over and over... Not to mention my signal fades out every time I drive under an overpass, or by a large tree, or underneath a terradactyl, etc. I used my free trial then never looked back. Burn a bunch of mp3's onto disc and pop them in the changer. 120 songs per disc X 6 discs = 720 songs! That's a lot of music with no repeats. Put it on shuffle to mix it up a bit. Change the discs when you want more variety. Plus there's no monthly subscription. :-D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Satellite radio is a fad that will die out in a couple of years. The only way XM and Sirius can be successful in the long run is if the technology was adopted to the same extent as DVDs and cable TV. That just won't happen though, cause the vast majority of people out there don't care much for paying for radio. You can get digital radio stations for free now anyway in some cities, why pay for the same crap just cause it comes from a satellite?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a subscription to Sirius in my old car before I got the GTI and have now extended the free 3 months that came with the car. I love Sirius and barely ever listen to cds any more. Tons of variety and none of the mess / clutter of keeping a million cds in your car. True, it does "blip out" on you every now & then when the anttena is blocked, but IME this happens very infrequently and only for 2-3 seconds.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thalo said:
Satellite radio is a fad that will die out in a couple of years. The only way XM and Sirius can be successful in the long run is if the technology was adopted to the same extent as DVDs and cable TV. That just won't happen though, cause the vast majority of people out there don't care much for paying for radio. You can get digital radio stations for free now anyway in some cities, why pay for the same crap just cause it comes from a satellite?
I used to feel that way too, but I gotta admit, after I got my FAST last week I subscribed to SIRIUS. I've really really really been enjoying the variety and the cost is so inexpensive. With the 3 free months from VW and the 3 free months with the 2 year subscription it comes out to 30cents a day. That's a heck of alot better than my Sat TV subscription.

Granted, I'll still always have my CDs because there are no German Industrial Music Stations out there, but overall I am happy with my decision to get SIRIUS.

*That's my humble opinion*

·
Registered
79 Posts
MY FAST likes the 6-cd changer because it can play MP3's which is like 600 songs when filled which is about all he can handle and doesnt have to pay extra for it if he is just going to listen to music anyway he would like to get HBO though that he might ask me if i would pay for it and what my FAST wants he gets :p O0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL! Your fast is very demanding, GotTobeInsane07.

Well, I FINALLY got my fast yesterday and she is po'd at my husband for the AM radio thing. But she's giving him another chance.

My fast has the swirly devil tail. What tail does your fast wear? >:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts