Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought my GTI a Week Ago and i love it....what i dont like is that fact that i cant hear my bov or turbo.......i would like every 1 around me to know i hava a turbo......any 1 have any suggestions......?thanks for your help

·
Registered
749 Posts
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that a stock GTI doesn't have a BOV. Instead, it uses a boost recirculation valve of some sort which relieves excess into the exhaust system rather than into the atmosphere. In order to get the sound you're looking for, you'll have to replace the recirc with an aftermarket BOV.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well is that the case i might have to do that.....But How much do u think......and 1 more thing i thout it had 1 cause i can barley hear it but u have to floor it and listen very very closely....maybe im wrong after all i just bought it.......

·
Registered
635 Posts
a stock GTI DOES have a BOV it just doesn't release into the atmosphere...if you get a aftemarket air intake like the Neuspeed intake then you can really hear that awesome sound that your longing for, you can still get a aftermarket BOV but you can save that $100-150 and get something nice for your GTI

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get an intake and you'll hear the turbo much more, or there is something called an "engine amplification pipe" from eurojet. You can get it at 20squared.com. it's like 100 bux, i've never heard one in person, but i'm told it makes your engine much louder.

If you still crave more, forge makes a blow off valve, you can find that on 20squared.com also

·
Registered
635 Posts
again people post what I just said...your GTI already has an EA pipe (Engine amplification pipe) the aftermarket one is just a lil' bigger and shiney...but its $105...and as I already said you can save $285.00 not including shipping and installation on the aftermarket BOV and EA pipe which the GTI ALREADY has and buy yourself something nicer for your car. In the end it's all your choice on what you want to put on your car that's the beauty of owning your own, also take it from other members of the board, get your things professionally installed UNLESS you are certified, that way there will be a warranty if let's say you screw up on putting on a $1100 exhaust system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts