My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
From everything ive seen, the carobino connects to the existing air inlet by the front grill. You shouldnt have any issues with it (unless you drive through small ponds on a regular basis)

Found this pic on another forum

you shouldnt have to worry about a puddle in the road, no more so than you do with the stock intake.

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's a good point. So am I to believe that with one of those, I would get a similar sound and effect to those other CAI's?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
whiteGTI said:
WaZzAp1101 said:
Is it possible? [help]
what are you retarded? [fish]
For sake of argument i hope you're kidding, man.. if i was a mod I'd give you a warning! but I'm not so... O0

Anyway... this is what I've heard. Carbonio gives you nice low end power, where as the Neuspeed and EvoMS give you high end power and there are arguments that they actually reduce the torque on the low end.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is what the stock intake looks like

Air is sucked in here. Sometimes water

Water is released from there, and the air is sucked into the engine.

This is my carbonio intake

Notice there is no place for water to exit.

whiteGTI said:
WaZzAp1101 said:
Is it possible? [help]
what are you retarded? [fish]
Are you retarded? My question is is it possible

·
Registered
223 Posts
I honestly do not think it is something you should worry about. If you are one of those people who likes to worry about everything no matter how slim the chances are, I suggest calling the manufacturer and express your concerns. they should be able to tell you better than anyone.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't think it's a problem either. Honestly, the Carbonio sits in the same place as the stock filter. I was looking at mine and I don't understand how it can technically be considered a CAI. However, where the Carbonio excels is in material. Carbon fiber insulates intake air from engine bay heat a lot better than say a metal intake. But yeah, it doesn't sit low enough for me to worry about hydro-lock. Just watch to make sure you're not driving behind a car that's spraying up a huge stream of water.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was think about this what about if your washing your car then there is a good possibility that water can get tin the intake and sit there then when u turn on the car it gets sucked in to the engine

·
Registered
52 Posts
You wont have a problem... I think your concerend because you dont know how much w2ater it takes to hydrolock a motor. Its only possible to hydrolock a motor if you submerge your entire intake inlet under water. Not only does this make it highly unlikey the fact that we have very small motors makes it less likely that will suck up enough water to get near the motor befor eit stalls from lack of air.

If you manage to fill up an intercooler with water enough that air cant get by and water starts to you should have bought a submarine cause a car isnt enough for you. Just remember that air flows easier than water so anytime there is a low spot water will settle and air will go past.

I inject water into my intake so take that into consideration as well. Any small amounts of water will only evaporate in the intake stream and actually help to cool your IAT's.

On a second not why on earth would you spend money on a carbon fiber cop of the stock intake that makes no extra power for anyone but APR fanboys? Get a EVOMS or Neuspeed intake and be happy knowing you decreased teh restriction of the stock air intake.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You wont have a problem... I think your concerend because you dont know how much w2ater it takes to hydrolock a motor. Its only possible to hydrolock a motor if you submerge your entire intake inlet under water. Not only does this make it highly unlikey the fact that we have very small motors makes it less likely that will suck up enough water to get near the motor befor eit stalls from lack of air.

If you manage to fill up an intercooler with water enough that air cant get by and water starts to you should have bought a submarine cause a car isnt enough for you. Just remember that air flows easier than water so anytime there is a low spot water will settle and air will go past.

I inject water into my intake so take that into consideration as well. Any small amounts of water will only evaporate in the intake stream and actually help to cool your IAT's.

On a second not why on earth would you spend money on a carbon fiber cop of the stock intake that makes no extra power for anyone but APR fanboys? Get a EVOMS or Neuspeed intake and be happy knowing you decreased teh restriction of the stock air intake.
thanks for the info really didn tknow mcuh about hydo locking

and the only reason i whould go with that intake is becuase its easy to return to stock if something goes wrong

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think the company just makes the water outlet to cover themselves, because if you get hydro lock with stock components its their fault and they will get you a new engine, its probly more likely to get hydro lock with this CAI, but very minute.

·
Registered
205 Posts
just curious but whats gonna go wrong that you would need to remove an intake? I guess you gotta learn somehow though. Best of luck.
if for some reason something in th e engine or the trans goes wrong if i take it to the shop and i have after market parts on my warranty's void and ill have to pay for the repairs
just would rather be safe then sorry

·
Registered
52 Posts
if for some reason something in th e engine or the trans goes wrong if i take it to the shop and i have after market parts on my warranty's void and ill have to pay for the repairs
just would rather be safe then sorry
well if thats your reasoning your wrong. research the magnuson moss warantee act. THe only parts that would not be covered under warantee from adding an intake would be your MAF sensor. They can only deny coverage if the part you modified leads directly to the failure.

On a second note the filter on stick intakes take about 15 mins to take off and have teh stock engine cover back on. Just figure if your gonna spend 200+ dollar on a intake it might as well do something.

·
Registered
205 Posts
well if thats your reasoning your wrong. research the magnuson moss warantee act. THe only parts that would not be covered under warantee from adding an intake would be your MAF sensor. They can only deny coverage if the part you modified leads directly to the failure.

On a second note the filter on stick intakes take about 15 mins to take off and have teh stock engine cover back on. Just figure if your gonna spend 200+ dollar on a intake it might as well do something.
yea u got a good point i have decided to get the EVOMS intake

1 - 20 of 20 Posts