Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda asked this question but I need more input to make my final decision.

I'm Canadian and this whole dollar on par business has saved me 1500 on the car from the time I placed the order (to get it from another dealer) till the time I actually paid for it, hence my ability to splurge a bit.

The car originally was equipped with Hufs so the "bump stops" should be there but the dealer took off the Hufs at my request 2 weeks ago and put on Denvers (and a corresponding decrease in price)

But now I am picking up my GTI on monday (Black) and I need to decide by then whether to get the Hufs back on or stick with the Denvers.

So which one would u take?

OR

(Credit to Lordorica of Flikr for hufs pic and Wells Photos of Flikr for Denvers.)

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Huffs look so amazing that the Denvers have just never looked quite right to me. I have Huffs and will never replace them. Huffs all the way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top one has 17" denvers Bottom one has 18"Hufs.

You can tell which is the Hufs since the inside of the spokes are darker/greyed out.

·
Registered
573 Posts
B13 said:
whats the difference between the huffs and denver? both of the pics have the same wheels??
What are you freakin blind? One is a high zinc cast face, the other low zinc machined. Better wheels, better balance, better looking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was at the dealer today and saw an '08 for the first time. The Denvers look much better than I expected. I still prefer my 18" Huffs, but if a person needs to save $750 or is choosing between Huffs or their favorite color, the Denvers will be fine for a lot of folks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sure, but the thread is not titled "what would you buy if you wnated to save $". Is the difference really $750 from Dever to Huffs?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Gunny said:
Sure, but the thread is not titled "what would you buy if you wnated to save $". Is the difference really $750 from Dever to Huffs?
The question (Hufs or Denvers?) was open ended enough to bring $ into the analysis. Yes, $750 is the difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
$750 for a set of rims that almost look the same. Screw that get something different.

·
Registered
842 Posts
falconeight said:
$750 for a set of rims that almost look the same. Screw that get something different.
To me the Denver's are like light beer - why bother. They have a similar design, but in person there is no comparison. The money is worth it. If I was tight for money, I would put the huff's as the #1 option above sunroofs, navigation, leather etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Huffs all the way. They complete the look of the car. all sidewall from the 17" breaks the look.

I've heard a lot of people say the ride on the 17" feels better, but since i never test drove one with 17"...i cant relly say. But the ride is still incredible regardless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts