My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Unfortunately, there's something in the right hand side vent (the one above the glove compartement) that rattles.
Can anybody tell me how to remove the vent so that I can get that friggin' thing out.

Thanks very much in advance.

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kiddin' me?! I've got the exakt same problem. It really bugs me out. It totally ruins the solid feel of the interior when I'm cruisin'

Did U find the problem and did U solve it?

·
10,066 Posts
Eeh im not sure if this is the same prob i had or not but if u can put ur hand on the center vent (the big one on top of the dash just above the radio) and the rattle goes away it is .... anyways if so theres a DIY for fixing this dash rattle over on vortex i think .... or u could do what i did and replace it with the dash tray that www.oempl.us sells

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the vents on the drivers side, passenger side, and on top of the dash (the large one causing the rattling) you literally have to stick a flat head screw driver in between the dash and the vent and pop it out. It takes a little bit of shoving, but it will come out.

I spent 3 hours looking for a civilized way to get them out. Turns out, you just pry them.
This is on an MKV GTI, by the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts