Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2003 gti in very good condition. The problem is I only have about 300-400 to customize it. What could I get to increase the curb appeal in this price range?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
cheap coilovers to drop it if looks is what you care about

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Buy a honda

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
don't go cheap, will be more expensive in the end. In some instances....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
[email protected] previous comments...

Unfortunately, you bought an expensive hobby bro! There are NO cheap mods for these cars. For 300-400 you can get one of the following:

- cold air intake ($300+)
- down pipe ($250-$450+)
- cheap coilover kit ($300+)
- wideband air/fuel gauge with steering column or a-pillar pod options ($300+)

Or a couple of the following:

- upgraded diverter valve ($150+)
- upgraded (more aggressive) N75 vavle ($80-$130)
- boost guage with either center steering column pod or a-pillar pod ($100+)
- oil pressure/temp gauge with the above pod options ($100+)
- fuel pressure gauge with the above pod options ($100+)

There's more, but that's a start... I'm more of a 'go' (over 'show') guy myself, so I only listed stuff for performance. More than anything, I suggest saving your money. Good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I mean is I only have 300-400 to spend initially. I plan on going part by part pay check by pay check. I plan on getting a new air filter plus badgeless grill in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
300 bucks will buy you what I like to call driver mod... Go somewhere fancy and buy some nice food. then get to some car detail crap and fill the tank up... 300 bucks well spent IMO

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
go to the classified section on vwvortex

and buy used parts

save some $$$ on good parts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
What I mean is I only have 300-400 to spend initially. I plan on going part by part pay check by pay check. I plan on getting a new air filter plus badgeless grill in the next couple weeks.
if you dont have money to spend on a real notch filler / weld + paint... dont doo a grill... they look tacky with that cheep plastic filler.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yea they do!

The best thing to do, IMO, is to read read read!!! Keep reading what others have done and figure out what you want to do based on that. Have a game plan before buying random things. You'll save a lot of headache and money that way.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
yea they do!

The best thing to do, IMO, is to read read read!!! Keep reading what others have done and figure out what you want to do based on that. Have a game plan before buying random things. You'll save a lot of headache and money that way.
With out a real hood notch it looks tacky

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
[email protected] previous comments...

Unfortunately, you bought an expensive hobby bro! There are NO cheap mods for these cars. For 300-400 you can get one of the following:

- cold air intake ($300+)
Fvck THAT ... Buy A 2.75" K&N Cone Filter And Put It On The End Of The Mass Airflow Sensor ... $50 Max

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
go to the classified section on vwvortex

and buy used parts

save some $$$ on good parts
^^ This ^^
I Just Bought A Set Of OEM R32 Front Brakes For Less Than $300 Shipped .... 1 Brand New Caliper Is That Much Or More ... Not To Mention The Brand New Pads That Came With Em , The Other Caliper , And Both Carriers .... So I Just Gotta Get Some Rotors And I Have The Biggest Possible OEM Brake Setup With Is More Than Enough For My Setup .... Even When I Upgrade The Turbo

·
Registered
963 Posts
I bought the boser hood extension, tac welded it on and fiber glassed it back all up sh!t looks official

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
^^ This ^^
I Just Bought A Set Of OEM R32 Front Brakes For Less Than $300 Shipped .... 1 Brand New Caliper Is That Much Or More ... Not To Mention The Brand New Pads That Came With Em , The Other Caliper , And Both Carriers .... So I Just Gotta Get Some Rotors And I Have The Biggest Possible OEM Brake Setup With Is More Than Enough For My Setup .... Even When I Upgrade The Turbo
so you making most of the money back when you sell you GLI brakes

want to know if the .:R brakes fit behind the fat5

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
so you making most of the money back when you sell you GLI brakes

want to know if the .:R brakes fit behind the fat5
Send me a fat5 n ill tell u

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm looking at getting a ECS brand cold air. Is this a good buy? They seem to be cheaper or is just getting the K&N they better buy. I also plan on just getting blacked emblems if the grill is that much of a hassle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts