Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheelhop. I launch from about 2500 RPM and the driveline chatters for about a second. With some throttle control I've managed to avoid straigt-up wheelspin but I still can't get a solid launch. I'm going to invest in some upgraded engine/transmission mounts in a few months (gonna be out of town most of the next year in fact.) I wonder if there's anything I can do with the suspension to help the situation as I haven't done any mods there yet. I'd to take a look at possible fixes before I start buying suspension parts.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Are you still running stock suspension? Have you considered coilovers?

The two things I know of to help eliminate it are better dampers (and a lower COG) + a LSD.

I've only launched a handful of times, but with the Koni coilovers, I've not had any wheelhop issues (flat level surface).

Just my .02 cents. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any suspension and/or drivetrain experts out there can help answer this one. What tricks are there to setting up a FWD car to minimize wheelhop?
imo, if you learn to launch with minimal tirespin, you won't have to worry about wheel hop so much. throttle control...

s3aturnr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.