Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
1) Don't bother with a blow-off valve. It's useless on a MkV. Spend that $$$ on an intake instead.

2) I doubt you'll find a decent full exhaust for $800, unless your brother in law has a mandrel bender and some welding skills.

3) Hold off on the springs until you can sink the extra scratch into some coilovers. At least get a spring/shock combo like the matched cup kits.

For $800, you can likely get an intake and a cat-back exhaust. Later on you can scrape together another $800 for a good downpipe/cat. Or instead of the exhaust, if you like H&R springs check:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/S...&BusType=BtoC&Count1=2620875&Count2=919761300

They've got everything H&R, decent prices, and outstanding customer service. Eibach, Koni, and Autotech, check:

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/home.php?cat=393

·
Registered
530 Posts
WaZzAp1101 said:
I have a 2007 MKV GTI nd i got $800 to spend one it. DOes anyone here have any suggestions on how i should spend my cash? [help]
What do you want to do? More power? Better handling? Appearance? Better sound? All depends on what YOU want. Give us a clue as to what you want, and then we can better point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
606 Posts
1) I'd buy the ecu flash (revo, apr, giac...all of them are pretty much based off the same system, some have more add-on options than others)

2) Definitely get the Forge DV. I totally swear by that thing! I have the Newsouth boost guage and the turbo is definitely a LOT more stable once you throw that DV in. The boost won't be spikey any more and it will hold longer before trailing off.

I bought the revo stage I for $500 (and the stage II flash was $25 more when my car was ready for it)
The Forge DV was $240
You could wing getting the Newsouth boost guage and pod also if you could fork over 90 more bucks.
$890 total for those 3 upgrades.

That would probably get you the most for the money you have to work with.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm getting my GTI dyno'd on wednesday. I'll post the results. I'm defintely expecting a much smoother powerband than stock (aside from the obvious hp/torque gains).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SpeeDemon said:
I'm getting my GTI dyno'd on wednesday. I'll post the results. I'm defintely expecting a much smoother powerband than stock (aside from the obvious hp/torque gains).
I cant wait to see those results O0, nd i was looking at some chips, but there more expensive than they say cause if you add the programs, its like 100 bucks more, especially GIAC. I like the idea of that little handheld flashloader.

·
Registered
606 Posts
hypnotica003 said:
REVO stage 1 chip and BSH DV kit. basic essentials of a modded car O0. then when you get the money upgrade to stage 2 parts (intake and exhaust), then get the stage 2 program
I'm not knocking the possible performance of this item but it's friggin' expensive! $379 for the DV and then $35 for the "V Twin" they say you need in conjunction......... " *Note* A good vacuum source is needed for this kit, we offer a product called the V Twin to solve this. Please view the recomended product list for a link to the V Twin page."

$414 total just for DV mod? heck no! I'd rather pay $250 for Forge's (which I have and it works perfectly for me)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts