Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 gti with a bad pcv and bad intake flapper motor, pretty much anytime the car is at idle or not on the gas the pvc makes an annoying screeching noise thats extreamly loud. its already been to the dealer today and it was vag comd. the new pcv is gunna be $220 but there doing a software update with it, and the flap motor is guna be $410. now should i just get the BSH block off plate n slap it on there? if so where could i find it that it can be overnighted to me?? and is there a better way of going about reeplacing the intake flap motor? thanks in advanced guys

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Why aren't both covered by open warranty campaigns? The last time I went in for something on my '07 it was due for a pcv campaign. If you want I'll go back and even though I have a BSH pcv stage 1, they will give me that new pcv to take home. I'll send it to you if you pay the shipping, providing they do give it to me. They already asked if I wanted it, so shouldn't be a problem.
BSH is def' cheaper and very easy to install;
http://www.redline-motorworks.com/BSH_2_0T_FSI_PCV_Fix_VW_Mk5_GTI_06_08_5_p/10552104.htm

Intake flap motor = throttle body, yes or no?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My "09" is a pzev and as such anything relating to emmissions is covered for 15 years or 150000mi. If your stealer won't comply, call VWOA.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
i have an 06 gti with a bad pcv and bad intake flapper motor, pretty much anytime the car is at idle or not on the gas the pvc makes an annoying screeching noise thats extreamly loud. its already been to the dealer today and it was vag comd. the new pcv is gunna be $220 but there doing a software update with it, and the flap motor is guna be $410. now should i just get the BSH block off plate n slap it on there? if so where could i find it that it can be overnighted to me?? and is there a better way of going about reeplacing the intake flap motor? thanks in advanced guys
Yes there is a recall on those. No questions asked i would call VWoA.

DU SCHAUST WIE EIN AUTO, NUR NICHT SO SCHNELL!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why aren't both covered by open warranty campaigns? The last time I went in for something on my '07 it was due for a pcv campaign. If you want I'll go back and even though I have a BSH pcv stage 1, they will give me that new pcv to take home. I'll send it to you if you pay the shipping, providing they do give it to me. They already asked if I wanted it, so shouldn't be a problem.
BSH is def' cheaper and very easy to install;
http://www.redline-motorworks.com/BS...p/10552104.htm

Intake flap motor = throttle body, yes or no?
Yes there is a recall on those. No questions asked i would call VWoA.
yes intake flap motor is part of the TB. just spoke to VWOA and they said my VIN wasnt a pzev because my engine wasnt tested for it. that seems like ass becuase several others have told me my car is pzev. i really appreciate the offer for the pcv valve that would be really cool of you but i think im definately going to get the bsh block off so that i dont have to fuss with the "update" thats suppose to go along with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts