Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am quite new to both this forum and the VW family. So yeah this is the basic story: I was a previous owner of the 2001 honda prelude until someone rear ended me in november. Imediately after i was on a search for my next car and decided that it will be the volkswagen gti. After a long time of searching i found a 2006 vw gti DSG w/ 13,000 for around 16k on December 20. Hell yeah i was damn happy. Less than 22 hours later I let my friend drive the car and he hit another much bigger suv. The SUV had no damage whatsover except a bent license plate. My car, on the other hand, was left with a bent axle on the back right tire. The fender in the back wasnt that bad, and the bent axle caused the wheel to go towards the car a bit. It wasnt totaly bad because it was drivable back to my house. Nevertheless, **** me life.

Anyways, if anyone knows, like what would be a price range on repair costs for the bent axle. thanks.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
welcome.

dude, that sucks.

i have no idea how much this will run. the best way to find out is call your local repair shop and ask them, then call another, and another...... find the best quote, then call which ever shop you would like to work with, and see if they will match that quote, or can beat it. good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha yeah...I think im the only GTI owner in this world that owned one for 22 hours and than have it crashed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.