My Fast GTi banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about this! my car was in the body shop just a little bump to the rear no alinement problems or any thing like that. so we told them not to drive are car any more than they have to do. we had a car get in a accident while it was in for a oil change ya! not what you want to here from your service guy. so the body shop told us no problem we only have to drive the car at most 1 mile well they put 4 miles on the car i know that will not do one thing to the resale of the car its not a lease so that is not a problem. but the problem is that now when i am out on a 5 hour trip and my car just takes a shit on me, so lets say its 1 year down the road and now what ever they did to my car back then has just broke and now what i go back to them and say what? i know that if i would drive someones car that i never had to see agin and all that, that i my drive it like rental. i don't want to sound like i am bragging but i get to drive a lot of cars that cost way more than my house(and i have a ok house) and i would never do any thing bad cuz i need to retain my customers and if one of my customers friends see me out there on the road fucking up there car i'm done. any way what do you all think

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i think that is really fucked up. i would complain until you make money out of it. i would also ask to see pictures and the part of the car they replaced so you can see the damage. thats really fucked up i would flip a shit if that happened to me

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
what do you guys think about this! my car was in the body shop just a little bump to the rear no alinement problems or any thing like that. so we told them not to drive are car any more than they have to do. we had a car get in a accident while it was in for a oil change ya! not what you want to here from your service guy. so the body shop told us no problem we only have to drive the car at most 1 mile well they put 4 miles on the car i know that will not do one thing to the resale of the car its not a lease so that is not a problem. but the problem is that now when i am out on a 5 hour trip and my car just takes a **** on me, so lets say its 1 year down the road and now what ever they did to my car back then has just broke and now what i go back to them and say what? i know that if i would drive someones car that i never had to see agin and all that, that i my drive it like rental. i don't want to sound like i am bragging but i get to drive a lot of cars that cost way more than my house(and i have a ok house) and i would never do any thing bad cuz i need to retain my customers and if one of my customers friends see me out there on the road ****ing up there car i'm done. any way what do you all think
I worked at a collision center and can say this much, if they just replaced the bumper and the support, at most the technicians just drove the car in the shop and back out, your car probably wasn' even driven more than a 100ft walking distance of the bay doors. Most tech's don't bother driving cars hard. they don't test drive the vehicle to make sure the bumper stays on, they know it will. You car probably didn't even exchange hands with the paint shop. Tech did his job and that was it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts