Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm in the market for a 2010 GTI and want to know how much i can bargain down please let me know how much you lucky MKVI owners paid for your cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
I bought a 2010 this weekend. Carbon gray, autobahn package, DSG trans, 18” wheels/all season tires, bi-xenon headlights and Bluetooth.
MSRP was $30,134
Out the door price: 30K (tax, TTL, etc…included)
I did have to work a bit to get that price, but I finally made it to the person that could talk numbers without needing to run back and forth to a sales manager.
When I first made contact their mantra was no way the car would go for less than MSRP, but it was end of month/end of quarter so the timing could not have been better. It was the first 2010 GTI that the dealership sold. By the way, this is in Dallas, TX.

I think I got a reasonably good deal, but will be interested in hearing how others do on their purchase.
Cheers,
Kenny

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
hey i'm in the market for a 2010 GTI and want to know how much i can bargain down please let me know how much you lucky MKVI owners paid for your cars.
What are you looking for?
Where do you live?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, i'm looking for a 2 dr gti with sunroof 18" wheels and xenon i think all the GTI's coming in are configured at 27K so what i want is to get the 27K GTI down to 25K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i just talked to a dealer and offered 25K and was pretty ready to sell it today :D of course nothing is in writing so we'll see but yep it looks like it's doable knocking a couple grand of MSRP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
I bought a 2010 this weekend. Carbon gray, autobahn package, DSG trans, 18" wheels/all season tires, bi-xenon headlights and Bluetooth.
MSRP was $30,134
Out the door price: 30K (tax, TTL, etc…included)
I did have to work a bit to get that price, but I finally made it to the person that could talk numbers without needing to run back and forth to a sales manager.
When I first made contact their mantra was no way the car would go for less than MSRP, but it was end of month/end of quarter so the timing could not have been better. It was the first 2010 GTI that the dealership sold. By the way, this is in Dallas, TX.

I think I got a reasonably good deal, but will be interested in hearing how others do on their purchase.
Cheers,
Kenny
That's in Dallas, TX..that's a great deal. Hopefully I can get the same thing here in NJ. I'm shopping for a GTI myself, didn't start getting quotes yet since I still have 3 months on my currnet lease. Test drove it Monday and felt in love. Hopefully in Dec-Jan will have some incentives or discount for the GTI. Oh yeah, I want all the same options are you have..maybe add the dyna stereo system too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's in Dallas, TX..that's a great deal. Hopefully I can get the same thing here in NJ. I'm shopping for a GTI myself, didn't start getting quotes yet since I still have 3 months on my currnet lease. Test drove it Monday and felt in love. Hopefully in Dec-Jan will have some incentives or discount for the GTI. Oh yeah, I want all the same options are you have..maybe add the dyna stereo system too.
Hello, just some info for you, but I had 4 months left on a lease (2006 Acura TL). The dealership bought the car for full payoff amount to Honda Leasing. This works out to be an excellent deal because they take the Acura as a trade-in. This means that they subtract the trade-in amount from the amount agreed upon for the car. You only pay tax on the difference. I paid $732 sales tax. Without the trade tax would have been around $1,800. So I got out of the last 4 payments on the Acura, avoided all the lease inspection crap and paid less sales tax. Made the purchase an offer I could not refuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, just some info for you, but I had 4 months left on a lease (2006 Acura TL). The dealership bought the car for full payoff amount to Honda Leasing. This works out to be an excellent deal because they take the Acura as a trade-in. This means that they subtract the trade-in amount from the amount agreed upon for the car. You only pay tax on the difference. I paid $732 sales tax. Without the trade tax would have been around $1,800. So I got out of the last 4 payments on the Acura, avoided all the lease inspection crap and paid less sales tax. Made the purchase an offer I could not refuse.
I think VW dealership here just started to get their "launch" batch of GTI. They all seems to have just one fully loaded 5 doors with DSG for the "got to have it" buyer.

I test drove one of the fully loaded one and it was really nice. Since I'm at the east coast, VW dealership still can get 2010 GTI at a premium so I'm just going to wait it out. Only 3 more months on my g35.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Long story short, I went to a dealer to talk prices today and to test drive the 2010 GTI in manual. I test drove the DSG last week. BTW....the long clutch travel was weird. I like my Si's clutch wayyyy better and my 08 Si felt more responsive even if the GTi has more torque.

Regardless, I told the salesman I wanted 4-door DSG (so my parents can drive it). Well these are the figures he gave me
The base is $24,990, plus $213 (freight), $199 (bluetooth), $215 (mats)= $26154. He said he would drop it to $25,454 and give me $16,000 for my trade in. So I would have to make up $9,454. With tax and tags I would have to make up $10,373.82.

How does this sound to you guys?
I told him i'd have to think about it because it was too much for me. Cuz i also feel like I deserve more for my 08 Si 4dr with 14,900 miles. I heard someone here got it for $25k out the door, what options did you get?

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Thee price of the Gt is good, the trade in value for the si is good. You think 16k for a civic is not enough? Thats nuts man, how muc hwas it brand new? That was 2 yrs ago, you have miles on it. Take it dude and dont be stupid.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here is what is interesting to me...

I just built a 2010 GTI equipped like my 09. Same options, same everything (Mine was base with just the rubber mats extra). MSRP was $24K and some change. I got my 09 for $19K plus all fees.

I know it is a new design and everything, but a $5,000 difference when the hp/tq hasn't changed??

Plus I like the design of my 09 more, but to each their own. I'm sure the MKVI is a great vehicle, but I think you should not pay more than MSRP. But that is just me.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Thats The Issue I Had When Talking Price When I Got Mine Back In 07 ... After 3 Trips To His Manager I Told Him If He Left The Table Again He Would Come Back To An Empty Table

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Here is what is interesting to me...

I just built a 2010 GTI equipped like my 09. Same options, same everything (Mine was base with just the rubber mats extra). MSRP was $24K and some change. I got my 09 for $19K plus all fees.

I know it is a new design and everything, but a $5,000 difference when the hp/tq hasn't changed??

Plus I like the design of my 09 more, but to each their own. I'm sure the MKVI is a great vehicle, but I think you should not pay more than MSRP. But that is just me.
Are you saying that you went to a dealer and got a brand new 2009 Gti, for 19k plus taxes, etc???

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Yep...That is what I am saying. I can show you the papers if you don't believe me.

This was back in April. Of course, I got my wife a New Beetle at the same time, so maybe that sweetened the deal?
2 door, manual, no options? (mats dont count, lol)

Msrp was like 23k ish?

Selling price to you was 19k?

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.