Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.

been looking around this forum, and on the web, and cant seem to find the directions on how to replace the spark plugs? this was an easy job on my old car, but with the gti, i dont want to brake anything while trying to figure it out. i got a set of autolit double platinum plugs from my local autozone, just want to check on the condition of my old plugs and prolly replace them. any and all help will be appreciated O0

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
zeonic said:
hi.

been looking around this forum, and on the web, and cant seem to find the directions on how to replace the spark plugs? this was an easy job on my old car, but with the gti, i dont want to brake anything while trying to figure it out. i got a set of autolit double platinum plugs from my local autozone, just want to check on the condition of my old plugs and prolly replace them. any and all help will be appreciated O0
I just asked my resident VW mechanic, she said that

#1 she hasn't replaced the plugs on a 2.0TFSI
#2 The performance gain from changing the plugs would be not be noticeable.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Dragon.

would be nice to know how to do it down the road for future maintenance though ;)

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, but i have swapped them out more then a few times by now :) this is an old thread from my "noob" days with the fast ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts